ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

number of registered classmates?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/22/10 12:04 PM Views: 2640 Replies: 4
Monday, February 22, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Brad or Kyle,

Since our site is not yet 6 months old, the count of persons who've updated their in the past 6 months is 96. However, the number of registered classmates with a profile is 97. We have one guest member showing up below the line. Is the guest being counted as a registered member and if not, what is the discrepancy?

We are trying to get to 100 members, so the count is important.

Thanks,

Donna

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 9:13 PM - Response #1

Brad or Kyle,

Since I left the above message this morning, we gained one classmate. So we now have 97 (I counted them!) registered classmates but the site says we have 98. Can you explain?

Thanks,
Donna

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 9:54 PM - Response #2

Kyle or Brad,

Leave us alone long enough and we'll figure it out. My co-admin Cathy found one of our classmates, Susan Evans Olsen has a little information in her profile, but the system thinks she hasn't updated in the last 6 months. The "manage classmates" list doesn't show her as being registered at all. How can that be?

Donna

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 9:27 PM - Response #3

Oops! I'm very sorry Donna, apparently me or somebody else marked this as closed, thus your responses didn't trigger a new task in our own Task Management System. Sorry for leavin' ya hangin'!

If you click your Manage Classmates link, you'll see you have selected the second radio button:

"Show Admin-entered Classmate Profile details prior to Classmate joining the site."

This allows Admins to enter info on behalf of a Classmate. Somebody must have done that here. The Classmate still hasn't joined the site though, which explains why you're not seeing that Classmate as an actual member on the class list.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 9:43 PM - Response #4

Hi Brad,

I was kinda wondering where you went but I knew you'd get to it. We set that preference so early, really not knowing what we were doing (that has vastly improved but still need you and Kyle!) so it is totally my fault that the count is off. We are trying to get the classmate in question to register, but in the meantime, should we delete her profile and re-enter to start over?

Thanks for helping--always--so reassuring to know that your not lost!

Love the support offered here--really amazing actually. You should be proud!

Donna

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.