ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Password question

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 06/04/18 01:30 PM Views: 3985 Replies: 6
Monday, June 4, 2018 at 1:30 PM

Some how the Password box on classmates "Details" had gone away. Have I checked an option to make it disappear? How can I bring it back.

I recently sent out an email to the Class and one of my classmates clicked on the link to website. He tells me that he appeared on the "Missing Classmate" page. I checked his "Details" and do not see a Password Box. How was he able to get into the website even though he is not a member??

Help, I'm confused..

Monday, June 4, 2018 at 2:02 PM - Response #1

Without having a name to verify against, I can only assume. Here it goes.

This classmate shows up on your Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates page, but doesn't have a LAST LOGIN column. This is because they have never logged in and haven't joined your website yet. If this is the case, there will not be a Password box on the Details page because the classmate sets up an initial password when they join your website. If you click on a classmate who has a "Last Login" column, you will see that you can change their password.

If someone shows up on the Missing Classmates page, that means that they haven't joined your website yet, so they would not have a Password box on the Details.

If he is receiving the emails from your Email the Class, his email address is in the system, so he receives the emails. This is how he has the address to your website.

Monday, June 4, 2018 at 2:22 PM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle. Yes I do understand what you have stated, but he is telling me he clicks on pages on website. Should he be able to do that? If that is true, why join?

Monday, June 4, 2018 at 2:43 PM - Response #3

If you look at your Edit Site Pages page, you will see which pages are password protected (log in required) by the PADLOCK icon next to those pages.
We do not recommend password protecting the Home Page, the Classmate Profiles, and the Missing Classmates pages.
You can change the password protect status by clicking the Edit Link next to the page and checking the "Restrict to Classmates only" checkbox and saving the changes.

If the person you are talking about is married to a classmate, then maybe the spouse classmate forgot to log out and so he is able to see all of the pages.

If you log out of the website, then try to click on different pages, you will see that we require you to sign in first for some of the pages.
The classmate will not be able to register for a reunion event if he doesn't join the website (login is required)

Does that answer your question?

Monday, June 4, 2018 at 6:33 PM - Response #4

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for the explanation and the help remembering how I set the website up.

Your response was most helpful and much appreciated.

Edited 06/04/18 6:34 PM
Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 12:54 AM - Response #5

Hello Gentlemen,

Kyle replied, "We do not recommend password protecting the Home Page, the Classmate Profiles, and the Missing Classmates pages."

I would add the Contact Us page to this list.

Have a good week!

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 8:42 AM - Response #6

Thanks, Gwen. The Contact Us page is also a page we don't recommend password protecting.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.