ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Sorry you have to log in first

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/18/09 10:26 PM Views: 1319 Replies: 3
Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I'm trying to increse the no. of logins. It doesn't help that I'm loading the homepage with a potpouri of stuff and open all custom links. Maybe I'm making it too accessible so why bother to log in? I can't find a button that says " sorry you need to log in first". They're not too crazy about system password and we only have two that are. HELP!!!

Friday, June 19, 2009 at 12:16 AM - Response #1

Why not just password protect those pages? Password protecting a page has nothing to do with your system password if the Classmate already has an account. The system will just prompt them to log in, and they can log in with the member login box on the page. Which is exactly what you want. I.E. they can simply log in with their own password, and then see the page. The system password needn't ever come into play here.

Friday, June 19, 2009 at 7:52 AM - Response #2

Hummnnph! Not what I expected but it will work just the same. Thank you Brad. I do see your reasoning .

Friday, June 19, 2009 at 10:39 AM - Response #3

Here's something else you can do. You can set Announcements to be visible by non logged in viewers, logged in viewers, or both. You could set some of your home page content to display to only logged in members. And then you could put little teaser content set to only display to non logged in viewers. E.G. "Log in now to see my great content of the day -- for members eyes only!" -- or something like that.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.