ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

In Memory/No Profile

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/23/21 09:26 PM Views: 252 Replies: 1
Saturday, January 23, 2021 at 9:26 PM

I have been informed of a classmate who recently died. He did not create a profile. I would like to create an In Memory page for him, but it's not possible in the absence of a profile. I can create a pro forma profile for him and then create an In Memory page.

The problem is I don't see how I can keep a notice of a new member from being distributed to the rest of the class, then quickly followed by a notice of a deceased classmate. Is it possible to keep the new member notice from being delivered? Perhaps it's something I can do when I am in the step of "approving" his "new profile"?

Saturday, January 23, 2021 at 10:10 PM - Response #1

Barry, when you create a profile for a new member, at the bottom of the Add Classmate Details page, there is a box which you can leave unchecked that says "Show this change as a profile update in the "Profile Updates" box on the home page, as well as notify classmates subscribed to this profile that it has been updated."

By leaving the box unchecked, no one will see the person's entry until you complete the In Memory portion.

I've created many profiles this way for deceased classmates who had not joined the site.

Edited 01/24/21 6:15 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.