ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Logo hyperlink for Responsive Design

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/22/15 05:29 PM Views: 1302 Replies: 9
Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 5:29 PM

I am playing around with the Responsive Design template. When using the legacy templates, if you upload a school logo, there is a hyperlink created from the logo to your homepage. With the Responsive Design template, that does not appear to be the case(?) I would like my logo on Responsive Design to link to my homepage. Any ideas?

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 9:31 AM - Response #1

Sad to report, I have not ventured there.
The majority of our members don't like change, so I just let things ride along as they have been for the past six years.
Hope you can get things figured out.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 11:32 AM - Response #2

Tom - interesting find. I will make sure the programmer adds this behind the scenes.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 12:47 PM - Response #4

Although it is a change from before, not sure it's more important than other things that don't work quite right on 'responsive'.

For example, making the Editor aware of the CSS or make the CSS match what the Editor displays. Try putting a table with background color in the Editor now see what the page shows.

It's also not obvious clicking the logo is a link to the home page (not a standard design thingy). I never use it. Clicking 'Home' is just as easy Idea

I wonder how many actually click the logo to get to "home" Question

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 2:20 PM - Response #5

Jack,

I have always had an announcement on my site with a note about the home page link in the header area and I think quite a few of my members do use it. I would certainly like to see this incorporated in the responsive design as well. Old folks like us don't like changes to the routine...

Edited 12/23/15 2:20 PM
Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 3:37 PM - Response #6

OK, but is that more important than fixing the CSS issues?

Go ahead make a table in the design and assign a background color ( add this to any < table bgcolor="#00FF00" ).

What does the Editor show?
What does the actual page show?

That's just ONE of the many things that go wrong from Editor to publishing. If everything is very simple HTML, fine. Just don't try anything fancy or admins can learn CSS to actually create what they want.

Which one is more important to spend time on?

The logo click thing is a not really a standard. If users could learn to 'click' that (with instructions - since as I said it's not obvious) then they can also learn that it has changed.

Btw, there's actually a BUG on the old design since the cursor doesn't change to show on hover that it's actually a link. Been that way since day one.

AND the whole top area on your current site is "hot", not just the logo. So that was an inconsistency already since in some it's just the logo.

Edited 12/23/15 3:39 PM
Thursday, December 24, 2015 at 3:54 PM - Response #7

Thanks, Scott. This should be a very simple 'fix' from a programming standpoint. p.s. Am enjoying your responsive design videos. Cheers, Tom

Friday, April 1, 2016 at 4:38 PM - Response #8

Tom - this should be all set now.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 2:00 PM - Response #9

Fantastic. Thank you. (I do maintenance on my brother John's website... thanks, Tom).

Edited 04/05/16 2:01 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.