ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Unable to send a class email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/06/24 09:58 AM Views: 460 Replies: 14
Tuesday, February 6, 2024 at 9:58 AM

Apparently I need to use the forums to get an answer because we don’t have a premium subscription anymore. So on February 1, 2024 I sent a test email to myself. I sent multiple test emails to myself and none of them arrived so I had my co-administrator send a test email to the two of us, and neither of them arrived. (we are seeing a timestamp on the email as to when it was sent but they aren’t arriving )I also discovered that I have been receiving emails from other classmates in my junk mail which has never happened as we’ve had the site for 15 years. If anyone has any suggestions I’d be grateful because I really need to send a class wide email. Thanks.
Steph Cheevers

Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at 10:48 PM - Response #1

I wonder if something is amiss at ClassCreator, like maybe they are having financial and/or personnel problems. They are simply non-responsive. All my classmates, including me, who use AOL or Yahoo are not receiving my emails from our website. It appears that ClassCreator is being detected as a spammer, and ClassCreator needs to contact AOL/Yahoo. But ClassCreator hasn't responded to at least eight attempts I have made to contact them. This shouldn't be an issue of "premium" subscription.

Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at 11:20 PM - Response #2

Check the answer posted by Jessica HERE

Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 8:05 AM - Response #3

I emailed the class(2/12 and 19 announcing an upcoming class reunion) via the website and asked classmates to email me (not using the noreply but my personal email) and of 154 sent, only 38 replied. Granted some people just didn't bother to say they got the email, but strange thing is those who replied have gotten other emails recently but missed those two reunion emails.

On 'email the class' page, it shows under previous messages that 2/12 email 'sent to' 154 and 'read by' 131. Of the 2/19 email 'sent to' 154, 'read by' 45. I checked preferences and I asked classmates to check their spam. I contacted Class Creator on Friday and have not gotten a reply. Strange things happening!

Edited 02/21/24 8:08 AM
Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 1:35 PM - Response #4

I, also, detailed this broken email system problem on this Admin. Forum under system bugs. Brad Switzer, founder of Class Creator, Jessica, who is their CC support, and the rest of their team are completely aware of this problem now and have it as their top priority to get it fixed for us. All we can do is be patient and let them devote their time and efforts to getting it done. I have hope and confidence that they will; so, let's just give them some space and time to do so. Here's Jessica's page where she said she will keep us updated as things move along: https://www.classcreator.com/contactus.cfm?status_update_id=1

Thursday, February 22, 2024 at 2:15 PM - Response #5

I sent a message this morning Feb 22)to myself (AOL) and a friend (Yahoo). Neither arrived, including in spam.

Thursday, February 22, 2024 at 3:55 PM - Response #6

AOL is acting odd. Perhaps the result of ongoing discussions or changes.

I just got an email a DAY later in AOL (24hrs). I thought it was not coming.

I did another test and it arrived in 40 minutes.

I put the date and time as part of the message making it very easy to see how long it is taking.

One does have to put info@classcreator.net as a contact to avoid going to spam.

GMAIL is arriving pretty much under 30 minutes, sometimes almost instantly.

Saturday, February 24, 2024 at 8:05 AM - Response #7

Yesterday, for fun,a whole month after I started to try to email my classmates. I sent a test email to myself and it arrived 24 hours later but hallelujah maybe they finally fixed this debacle.

Saturday, February 24, 2024 at 9:08 AM - Response #8
RHS Class Creator header.jpg

This morning I received this email that apparently came through Class Creator. There is confusion about what school it came from. Oddly, and very concerning, it had the distinctive header of my school, but it clearly is supposed to be from a different school. (JPEG file of header and message attached.) What's going on?? Did my classmates receive this?
------------------------------------

Email:    Frankie@yahoo.com

Belmont, Pleasant, 1972 New York City remember?!?

This is a Contact Us submission for Richardson High School Class Of 1969. Only selected Administrators receive these.

Sender's IP Address: 172.58.180.42

Referring Link: https://www.rhs1969.net/member_passhelp.cfm

View the geographic location of this IP Address

Click here to report this as spam

Edited 02/24/24 9:11 AM
Sunday, February 25, 2024 at 4:33 PM - Response #9

Well, I got excited too soon because it’s now been 36 hours since I sent the email to all of my classmates. I don’t know that it didn’t arrive to some of them. I haven’t heard anything but I didn’t receive it nor did my co-administrator. I am very frustrated as I’ve been trying to do this for a month. We want to let our class know about the date for our 50th reunion. I am stymied as to what to do next except email 160+ people individually!!
Steph

Sunday, February 25, 2024 at 4:39 PM - Response #10

I have a question, because it seems that this is happening to the yahoo email users…… maybe I’m wrong but if I change my primary email to my gmail address as a administrator I imagine I can, would that help? Does anybody out there know because this is getting ridiculous. Thanks

Sunday, February 25, 2024 at 9:48 PM - Response #11

Hi Stephanie,

Yahoo delivery has greatly improved, however, it does appear to still be working its way through their network. I was updating other threads and somehow this one wasn't coming up on my tracker. I apologize for not updating this one as well when we added the sticky post to the forums under email and the contact us page https://www.classcreator.com/contactus.cfm Are your messages going to spam?

Have you tried whitelisting the noreply@classcreator.net

This link includes whitelist information for yahoo mail if you happen to use that program https://clean.email/blog/email-security/how-to-whitelist-an-email

If you would like to change your email address you can do so under Member Functions > Edit Contact Info

Note that if you change your primary email address that will be the address you use to login. You could also try adding an alternate email address as that email address will be copied on all emails you receive if you prefer to keep your current email as your login.

Yahoo had stated that this was working through their entire network and since we can't be certain what areas within their network are fully resolved we can't be certain if they have applied it everywhere or if it is still clearing and therefore may clear up for you shortly.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, February 26, 2024 at 10:48 AM - Response #12

Stephanie Cheevers wrote:

I am stymied as to what to do next except email 160+ people individually!!
Steph

If it's ever necessary there's a relatively easy way to do so. Download the class list containing at least the e-mail address, perhaps e-mail status and year deceased into Excel. Filter the results to eliminate those classmates who either have no e-mail or who are deceased. Copy the entire column of email addresses and paste into your e-mail client.

Monday, February 26, 2024 at 5:19 PM - Response #13

Jessica,
Thank you so much for a response. I did check with some classmates that don’t have Yahoo and it hadn’t come to them either. I haven’t heard from anyone that anybody received the message I sent Saturday morning and it was so strange because I did receive a test copy 24 hours after I sent it to myself Friday. Normally this wouldn’t be any big deal but we booked a place, picked a date a month ago and I would’ve liked to have let our classmates know so they could start making arrangements. Well fingers crossed that it starts to work. I’ll wait another day or two until I change my email.
Steph

Edited 02/26/24 5:20 PM
Monday, February 26, 2024 at 5:21 PM - Response #14

Thank you for the info about sending individual emails. I’m really hoping NOT to have to resort to that.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.