ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Chrome Extension Issue

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/28/13 01:43 PM Views: 1076 Replies: 3
Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM

This is just FYI...

I noticed a problem playing slideshows in our galleries a while back. I thought it might be a Chrome issue as both Safari and Firefox played the slideshows normally. It turns out that the culprit was a Chrome extension called Hover Zoom (v.4.14) that I had installed. When I disabled the extension the slide shows were back. So, if you're having the same issue and you use Chrome, check your extensions first. Cheers.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM - Response #1

Our site is relatively new - & I'm not nearly as computer-literate as I used to be! I've had some comments about not seeing the slideshow on our homepage, and/or not being able to access other pages. This is so hard - because I can't "see what they see" & don't feel comfortable about whether everyone is "seeing" all that's on our site.

So, would you or someone from CC be able to give "step-by-step" instructions as to how to disable the extension? I'm sure it's probably easy, but not only for my benefit Embarassed but so I can forward it in email to others who have the same problem. I'm also going to include "how to empty your cache/delete your cookies" when I can - I don't think a lot of "my-age" folks know how to do that either.

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM - Response #2

I found this from the Chrome Support site:

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=187443

Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 11:56 PM - Response #3

Thanks for that helpful link Scott. Another way you can access your list of Chrome extensions is by clicking Window on the top menu bar then Extensions. You'll see a list of all your extensions, where you can disable or delete them.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.