ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Changing e-mail address and password

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/05/12 06:55 PM Views: 1434 Replies: 3
Monday, March 5, 2012 at 6:55 PM

A member sent me a message asking me to change his e-mail address and told me he forgot his password.

I changed his e-mail address and then in the FAQs found out how to change his password. I gave him a temporary password, but when I tried to sign in to his account using the new e-mail address and the new temp password I get login failed. I then tried logging in with the old e-mail address and the new temp password and still get login failed.

Do I need to change the e-mail back to the old e-mail and have him sign in and use the forgot password method. Then if he can sign in he can change his own e-mail address???

But then what if he can't access the old e-mail account anymore? HELP!!!! Confused

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Helen (Gamble) Keenan, '68
overbrookregional68.com

Edited 03/05/12 7:00 PM
Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM - Response #1

Hi Helen,

You probably just need to clear your login cookie. Follow the instructions here:
http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cookies

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 2:55 PM - Response #2

Hi Eric,

I did what you said and deleted all cookies. Then I went back into the classmates profile and changed his address to the new address he requested and gave him a temporary password, but when I try to get into the site using that info it, again, says login failed.

Thanks for the info, but looks like i'm back to the drawing board. Crying or Very sad

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 3:12 PM - Response #3

When you change that information, and click Save Changes, you get a popup notifying you that the classmate will be informed of the change. However, after you dismiss the poup, you have to click Save Changes *again* in order to make the change go through. I'll bet the password hasn't been changed yet, and that is why it won't let you log in.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.