ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate Profiles Icon Key Link

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/24/08 09:25 AM Views: 1227 Replies: 3
Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 9:25 AM

This may have already been suggested (I apologize if it's a duplicate but I didn't see it anywhere) but is it possible on the classmate profiles page in the icon key box at the top to have each of the items be a link to where if you clicked on it, you would see only the names of the classmates for whom that icon applies? (i.e. I'd like to see a list of only those classmates attending the reunion). It'd be like how you can click on each state in the Where They Live box on the home page that only shows the list of classmates in that state.

This might also help the issue Mary from Olongapo City National High School was having with the 1,000 classmates to scroll through. They could just click on the "Contains profile information" link to see only classmates who have created a profile.

BTW Brad, thank you so much for your efforts on this site! You and your team are incredible! My 20-year reunion is next month and we would never have been able to reach as many classmates as we have without this site. I've gotten so much positive feedback from my former classmates about the site so a great big THANKS!

Debbie

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 12:24 PM - Response #1

We were already going to make the Attending Reunion in the key clickable, but we had no plans to make the other 3 clickable. Why not I have no idea. This is a great idea. I've added this to our list and we'll do it. Thanks so much Debbie!

Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 3:25 PM - Response #2

Then if the list is filtered by "contains profile", "contains photos", "Updated in 6 months", "attending reunion", "In memory", how about if the "Next Classmate >>" button (enhancement list) also went to the next classmate according to the filter.

If no filter was on (view all classmates), "Next Classmate >>" would also include the "No Profile" classmates.

If this is the case, there should also be a way to "View All Classmates" to turn off the filter.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 6:01 PM - Response #3

You know I think that's a good idea. Let's just get it working first though. We can always add more to it later (I'll have to think about a logical way to turn off the filtering if desired). Otherwise we just increase the delay until this exists at all. But I do think it's a good recommendation, so thank you for making it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.