ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Emails to class members from ClassCreator

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/18/14 06:53 PM Views: 908 Replies: 6
Friday, July 18, 2014 at 6:53 PM

I send regular emails to our members, especially regarding the What's New page. We love the page and people are sharing both good and sad news. This week an email went out to all our members from Class Creator urging people to update profiles. Well, some of our members were annoyed because they had updated their profiles, some of them within a few weeks. An additional issue was that the email from CC hit member mail boxes right after I had asked for updates, but my email went to people who had not been active recently. Is there a good reason for CC to duplicate efforts on the part of the site admin? Is it possible to coordinate this effort? We all love the site and thank CC for making it possible for all of us old folks to re-connect after so many years. Bridgeport Central61 (CHS, 1961) Gloria Williamson Moreau

Friday, July 18, 2014 at 8:05 PM - Response #1

There's an email that has existed from the beginning that reminds classmates who haven't updated profile for over 6 months to update. That doesn't go out to everyone though. Should we delete that email entirely? Honestly I haven't even thought about that message in ages but I just checked and it is indeed still active.

Friday, July 18, 2014 at 8:43 PM - Response #2

I think for us it is not necessary to send out that reminder because I am doing it regularly and most often on an individual basis. There is a secondary reason for us, too, because of our ages, I am finding that people aren't updating because of personal illness, family illness or death, and all sorts of not so good things going on in their lives. I just added three obits this week alone, a good reason these folks either didn't join or update, don't you think? So it is probably not a good idea to have this really cheerful email going out to them. Sorry for being so grim...Gloria

Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 8:37 AM - Response #3

If you wanted to disable this email from going out, it can be done on the PREFERENCES page. Just look for this email and deactivate it "    Profile Update Reminder: Goes out to Classmates who have not updated their Profile in the past 6 months."

Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 11:42 AM - Response #4

Although we have never had this option turned on, I was planning to turn in on next month since our 55th reunion is coming up and many have not updated their profiles since the 50th. But now I'm wondering if it really only goes out to those who have not updated their profile in the last 6 months...

Perhaps, since we can change the wording on the email, I can change it to say "Our 55th reunion is coming up and if you have not updated your profile lately...." or something like that. But for the most part, we are aware of the 'spam factor' and do try to limit the emails from the site to only those people have chosen to receive.

Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 2:34 PM - Response #5

Good point Kyle. Smile

Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 7:58 PM - Response #6

John Ralph wrote:

Although we have never had this option turned on, I was planning to turn in on next month since our 55th reunion is coming up and many have not updated their profiles since the 50th.

John,

I don’t think turning this feature on will be much help as it is not retroactive according to this thread, response #3. Of course, that thread was nearly 16 months ago, so that information may not be current.

If that information is current, then it may no longer be working as intended because classmate profiles are given new update dates for such things as registering for a reunion event or having someone post a comment on their profile page. I assume that the new date resets the six month clock even though the profile information is unchanged.

Jim

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.