ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

privacy

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/01/08 05:56 PM Views: 1233 Replies: 3
Monday, December 1, 2008 at 5:56 PM

I am in the process of creating a site for our reunion. One concern I can see coming is that classmates profiles are viewable to everyone, even if they are not logged on. That might discourage someone from participating. Is there a way to require a log-on before someone can view the profile pages? I see the password-protected option, but my understanding is that this is another password they have to remember, not their own user/pw.

thanks

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 6:26 PM - Response #1

Sorry, I answered my own question. I realized that in the registration process, the classmates choose whether or not they want to be visible to outsiders/search engines. My original assumption was based on a test I did while clicking on one classmate who had chosen to be visible to everyone.

This is good because it allows the classmate to be in control of that option. Hope this helps

Edited 12/01/08 6:26 PM
Monday, December 1, 2008 at 6:30 PM - Response #2

You really don't want to password protect Classmate Profiles page, because the ones who want to join, can't click on their own profile to join your site.

But, on each individual profile at the end there is a box (Profile Visibility) which can be checked to allow only logged on classmates to view the profile, and will block the general public and search engines.

So for the classmates who are worried about privacy, all they have to do is check that box after filling out their profiles..

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 8:11 PM - Response #3

Note, if you do choose to password protect your Classmate Profiles page, just be sure to use the Email The Class function to inform your Classmates what the system password is so they can get in and join your site.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.