ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Formatting email for Gmail

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/28/17 11:22 PM Views: 580 Replies: 5
Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 11:22 PM

When I format an email and send a test to me in Outlook it looks just like I set it up in Email The Class. But when I send a test to my Gmail account it's a mess. None of the font sizes are correct. They all appear to default to some small size. What am I missing and what happens with other email accounts, i.e. Yahoo, etc. How do I fix this?

Friday, September 29, 2017 at 12:04 AM - Response #1

I'll verify your results for Outlook. I have an Outlook account. Our last mass email was formatted in Georgia font, size 16. I received it in Outlook in Georgia 16, so Outlook is reproducing it with the same font and font size. I don't have a gmail account, so I don't know what their font and font size look like. Is the gmail font the same as the one with which you created the message? Is it just a font size problem with gmail?

Edited 09/29/17 12:11 AM
Friday, September 29, 2017 at 12:12 AM - Response #2

I'm not having a problem with Outlook, only Gmail. I even sent a copy to my wife who uses Yahoo and it looked fine there, too. Don't know what is going on with Gmail -- maybe it's only on my computer?

Friday, September 29, 2017 at 9:54 AM - Response #3

Does Gmail have a setting to show /hide or display HTML? My only guess is that such a setting is off and Gmail is stripping the formatting.

Friday, September 29, 2017 at 2:17 PM - Response #4

Now I feel kind of stupid. I have been using Firefox because of problems with Chrome and at one time I tried to reduce the page size to copy with Jing. In Chrome, this method reduces the whole page, pictures and all, but in Firefox it only reduces the text - all else stays the same, pictures, etc. When I finally realized that I increased the setting to 100% and all is OK.

Friday, September 29, 2017 at 2:34 PM - Response #5

Ah. Good to hear. Thanks!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.