ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

idear

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/09/12 10:16 AM Views: 1112 Replies: 1
Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Recently we started cutting up and scanning yearbooks for each year 1925-present. Right now we are using issuu.com to upload these. It does work pretty slick but it does have limitations. Since we are also in the process of uploading yearbooks photo's (26,000) I thought it might be pretty cool to have a spot for the Yearbook -or other articles from each year- right on the profiles (year) page. I guess this could be as simple as a PDF but something like Issuu.com would be awesome. Another idear is that once we load all this stuff up we will want to charge in order to let alumni see our site. I think this sort of goes against CC way of thinking but to have all this stuff loaded goes beyond a free site. All our money goes to a scholarship fund.

Well just a few thoughts. I do not expect this by Tuesday. I am sure there are challenges that would come with these idears.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM - Response #1

You can create a custom page for yearbook images/embeds/whatever. The profiles page exists for a specific purpose, and adding more stuff would just further clutter an already quite busy page.

If you want to charge classmates to use the site, that is your business. You can turn on the New Classmate Verification in the Preferences, and then when someone registeres, you can inform them that they'll have to pay you to have full access to the site. From our standpoint, there is nothing more likely to completely eliminate the possibility of your site gaining enough interest and participation to make it attractive to classmates to actually join, but again, it is up to you.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.