ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Firefox

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/01/08 11:20 AM Views: 1188 Replies: 4
Monday, December 1, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Brad,

I have a problem with my class page in Firefox. I downloaded it after seeing on the forums that I should check the page in that browser. No one in my class has complained so don't know if anyone uses Firefox but when I bring up the page it is too big for the page. I went in and took out all the graphics I had but still not looking right. Can you take a look? Thanks!
Kim Wilson Wray
Berkley High School, Berkley MI
Class 1976

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 11:34 AM - Response #1

Good question Kim. Fortunately I've hit this same issue once previsouly so I knew the answer a lot quicker this time than last. Smile If you put in a marquee tag with no width, the marquee will automatically take on a width of 100%, which in the case of Firefox blows out the page and forces all of your content to the bottom. The simple fix was to add "width="370" to your marquee tag.

Edited 12/01/08 11:34 AM
Monday, December 1, 2008 at 11:37 AM - Response #2

Thanks Brad! Now I have another question..my link of Articles by Ron is also blown out. It is all writing with no graphics so how do I get it to not look like it does?

Kim

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 12:00 PM - Response #3

Where was this content initially created? It's referencing css styles that don't even exist, such as class="western". there is no style in Class Creator called western. Because this code came from a third party html program it's hard to say what exactly is causing the blowout, but here's how you can fix it pretty easily regardless of what it is:

1) Open your Ron page in your browser
2) Select all the text on your screen with your mouse and then copy it to your Clipboard
3) Go into edit mode for you page, click the Source button, and delete everything. Click source again to return to design view.
4) Paste your text
5) Save your page and go preview it live just to make sure it's not blowing out again for any reason.
6) Assuming it's not, go back into edit mode and apply bold, indents, etc. as you see fit again.

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 12:04 PM - Response #4

Thanks Brad! I will try that.

Kim

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.