ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Admin Comments Field

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/08/10 04:46 PM Views: 1317 Replies: 7
Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Please Please Please make the window for this field bigger so that we can see all the data without having to scroll

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 6:38 PM - Response #1

Sounds like a simple request but increasing the height of that box could actually cause more scrolling because you have to scroll the entire page itself in order to save it. So the decision has to be based on how much data the typical Admin is storing in that box. I.E. which decision would lend itself to the least scrolling in the box and on the page itself, increasing the height or leaving it as is. did a quick query of the typical data volume in that box and based on that, increasing the height of this box 3 lines will cause the most # of people the least amount of scrolling. So that at least helps ya a little bit here. Smile

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 9:10 PM - Response #2

unfortuately - you did your poll BEFORE I got to populate. On average, I have about a full screen in the NOTES field of Microsoft Outlook. I may be unique but I am very agressive at tracking down classmates and have to keep copious notes.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 9:20 PM - Response #3

Heh! Well next time fill in your data before I query the system. Smile

Yes, you definitely have way more notes than the typical user here. Good for you, but there's definitely going to be some scrolling required here.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 9:25 PM - Response #4

Geez - give me a break - only been in here 2 days.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 9:35 PM - Response #5

I'm only kiddin' ya Charles. Wink Even if you had done that it would have changed the query results virtually none.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 11:16 PM - Response #6

You might consider using one of your custom pages to keep your notes on finding classmates.

The page SHOULD require a password, but you wouldn't make it active so it's NOT viewable by other class members.

Activate it momentarily, so you could capture the URL of the page, then make it inactive. Once you know the URL of that hidden page, you can bring it up to review it -- and you could edit it using the edit pages function.

Just an idea Idea -- and Welcome the Help Forums and Class Creator!

Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 12:07 AM - Response #7

You could also keep your data in a spreadsheet and in the first column of the spreadsheet, keep the CLASSMATE ID (this is one of the columns when you export your classlist). Then you can merge the data if you need to by matching the CLASSMATE ID with your NOTES data.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.