ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Name Fields

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/08/10 04:44 PM Views: 1251 Replies: 2
Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I believe that this would be a great benefit to this site. Names are sometimes hard to deal with. In my class of 500 I have folks that now go by completely different names. This inclueds given names as well as nick names. As a note - only one involves a sex change. As a result, I would like to see the following independant fields for THEN and NOW names:
In School Names:
* First
* Middle
* Last
* Nickname or Called Name
Current mal Name:
* First
* Middle
* Last
* Nickname or Called Name

I know that in most cases especially the guys - the "formal" name does not change - but for those that do, these additional fields would really help to do notes. emails, and searches right

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 6:47 PM - Response #1

It's a good recommendation. Unfortunately this or any other recommendation regarding the Details page defaults won't be to somebody's liking. So we can't just add a bunch of new fields like nickname, etc. to the system. Numerous complaints would come in right away believe me. Instead what we'll need to do is create a "Details Generator" that works just like your Profile Generator. With this you'll be able to ask for any information you want, such as all of your proposed fields above. Cool as that will be, this has to come after several other more pressing tasks we're working on now. So we will create the new Details Generator, as there's certainly been others wanting to change the Details fields in various ways as well, but it's likely to be awhile before we can get to this one.

Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 9:59 AM - Response #2

With a class of 800, we have also had many, many name change combinations.
After their name at graduation, we use a slash / for a changed name, or a paren ( ) for married names. It’s been easy, quick and seems to have worked out very well for us.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.