ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Prior Yr and Later Yr Graduates?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/12/10 01:16 PM Views: 1915 Replies: 8
Monday, April 12, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Our website is for specifically the class of 1960. However, we always extend for instance invitations to our Reunion for classes a year (maybe 2) before or after ours. We would also like to welcome those to our website.

How have any of you that have experienced this, kept a "tag" of some sort to identify these? Do you for instance put a "year" in parenthesis after their name? Register as Guest instead? Do you convert to multi year website (not inclined to do that???), but are there advantages?

I'm looking for best suggestions, as I like my records straight and informative. Very Happy

Edited 04/12/10 1:17 PM
Monday, April 12, 2010 at 7:23 PM - Response #1

Hi. I can't speak to multi-year sites, as I don't host one. But I have a lot of 'guests' on my www.efhs1973.com site, and I do include their graudating year in ( ) When adding them, I do show them as a Guest. Indicating they are Guests results in their names kept separate from your specific class site's names. i.e, guest names are below the classmate names -

Monday, April 12, 2010 at 7:32 PM - Response #2

Thank you Irma,

I think that is the way I will go. I am probably only talking about half dozen or so anyway. Thanks, I really would prefer to just go with single year, and your suggestion will help.

Monday, April 12, 2010 at 7:48 PM - Response #3

I have a multi year site, and was also hesitant about going that route since we had originally started with just our graduating year of 1971, but looking back now it was the best move we ever made since it drew alot more graduates to the site. Feel free to look and see what you think.

Edited 04/12/10 7:52 PM
Monday, April 12, 2010 at 7:49 PM - Response #4

We add them as a guest. And we often use parenthesis to identify their reason for being a guest--i.e., "teacher", "class of yada-yada".

Monday, April 12, 2010 at 7:56 PM - Response #5

I have a multi-class site spanning 3 yrs..we let anyone and everyone who was a grad to join. I put them on as guest with their year of graduation in ( ). If we get a lot of a certain year..I will just add their year to the site. You don't want to miss out on any grads they might be able to find. Wink

Monday, April 12, 2010 at 8:11 PM - Response #6

I have a single year class & had quite a struggle figuring out the best way to approach this. I ended up creating an additional question on the profile page with radio buttons for each year. Everyone has respected that choice since I worded it "What is the last school year you attended BHS?"

Monday, April 12, 2010 at 10:33 PM - Response #7

I have considered the same, but put them as guest and the year of graduation. Then if there is enough of one particular year, then create a new website with the agreement of those involved and appoint an admin.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 2:06 AM - Response #8

You will find more than a dozen or so who want in. We have people from many classes who want in. I think there are almost as many guests as classmates. But that's ok as long as they cause no problems. Administrators can control that.We only do single class site. Not all classes can find someone to manage a site and it needs tender care to survive and get a lot of use.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.