ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Responsive Design Classmates A-Z Listing Order

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/06/16 01:49 PM Views: 1086 Replies: 11
Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 1:49 PM

After converting to Responsive Design I noticed that the Classmates listing was still in two columns, but that the classmates were alphabetically listed back and forth between the two columns. The old style had the Classmates listed A-Z column to column. Not a big deal, however it adds a couple of seconds on searching for names. Same thing happened in the missing listing too. I may have missed the memo from you guys that this way of alphabetizing was changing as this may be what the majority of webmasters wanted.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 3:16 PM - Response #1

Hi John,

I've asked the programmers to adjust this. It should be in the original column format for classmate profiles and missing classmates.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 4:41 PM - Response #2

FYI: Observe what happens when the page size is reduced and only one column shows? It's now all in correct alphabetical single column order.

Have not viewed on phone, but assume it will be single/correct order?

Maybe a compromise to generate the columns depending on the first-time screen size? This will not be correct if a full size screen is reduced in size and re-ordered but realistically how many people really do that?

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 3:24 PM - Response #3

Jessica, it looks like the classmate and missing classmate listings are correctly listed by columns in some of the new classmate websites that have changed to the responsive design. So I guess your programmers fixed the glitch. Since I changed my website to the responsive design with the alphabetic glitch of names listed back and forth before your fix how to I get my website updated. Is this something you guys can do for me. Otherwise how do I repair the name listings in classmate and missing classmate pages. our website is www.westside-64.com.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 3:52 PM - Response #4

John R LaRandeau wrote:

Jessica, it looks like the classmate and missing classmate listings are correctly listed by columns in some of the new classmate websites that have changed to the responsive design. So I guess your programmers fixed the glitch. Since I changed my website to the responsive design with the alphabetic glitch of names listed back and forth before your fix how to I get my website updated. Is this something you guys can do for me. Otherwise how do I repair the name listings in classmate and missing classmate pages. our website is www.westside-64.com.

Same here.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 3:59 PM - Response #5

What RD sites are listed correctly? Pages are dynamically generated so if it works for one would work for all?

John R LaRandeau wrote:

Jessica, it looks like the classmate and missing classmate listings are correctly listed by columns in some of the new classmate websites that have changed to the responsive design.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM - Response #6

When you go to the Class Creator website they show the featured websites I looked at the Roswell HS listed a 1/14/16. The Classmate listing is alphabetically listed by columns. Class Creator has fixed the glitch where mine are back and forth between two columns. Some of us early pioneers got glitched and need our websites corrected. Just asking Class Creator for best advice for now to fix my listings. Hope there is a simple way.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 4:31 PM - Response #7

That's not a RD design. Cool

P.S. if they 'fix' it, it will automatically work for everyone. Do not think it will be an option.

The profile pages get generated in real-time (not a static page that is stored anywhere). That's how when you add/remove/tag an entry it shows up right away.

Edited 01/20/16 4:35 PM
Friday, January 22, 2016 at 3:00 PM - Response #8

Dah, thanks for pointing out that the Roswell HS site was NOT RD designed. Another showed up, Crane Foundation; http://www.kzncf.org/class_classmates.cfm, and it is an RD design. It also has the same classmate A-Z listing back and forth issue. I will just remain patient.

Friday, January 22, 2016 at 5:12 PM - Response #9

I do not know if this works for you but it's possible to make a single column that is all alphabetical with a simple CSS change.

Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 12:36 PM - Response #10

Jessica,

I have noticed that my Responsive Design website now has the Classmate and Missing Classmate columns correctly alphabetized by columns. Thanks for the fix.

Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 3:21 PM - Response #11

Yes, this has been fixed

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.