ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Inform all active classmates of new classmates

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/23/08 10:55 PM Views: 1955 Replies: 13
Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Brad, I realize that there is a box on each person's profile that allows me to get an email when their profile changes, but I would like to see an option in everyone's profile that they could check that would say something like," Check to receive an email when a new classmates profile is entered". This then keeps them coming back to the site whenever a new classmate enters their information.

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 9:58 AM - Response #1

Two changes on this are coming when we get to this:

1) New link to see all Profiles subscribed to on one page.

2) Ability to subscribe to a Profile before a Classmate has even joined the site. That way their very first Profile will be considered a Profile update, and trigger an email (i.e. it'll do what you're asking for).

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 11:22 AM - Response #2

A step in the right direction but most classmates are pretty lazy and if they have to go through another step to get notifications, they probably won't use it.

Like I said, I think it would be nice to have an option for each classmates just to get notified when ANY classmate joins the site, then they can decide at that point whether they care or not to go see it.

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 1:20 PM - Response #3

Oh we can do that. Smile

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 6:35 PM - Response #4

Cool! How would add this to my site?

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 12:27 AM - Response #5

You would wait until it exists. Smile When it does we'll announce it.

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 12:37 AM - Response #6

Sorry, the way you said we could do that I thought it was a setting I missed.... I like twiddling with the buttons and flipping the switches to see what happens... thought I missed one! LOL

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 12:42 AM - Response #7

Ah I'm just bein' silly. That happens after midnight. Well -- and sometimes before. Smile

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 10:04 PM - Response #8

On another site we have a weekly list of activity that is emailed out to everyone so they can see who updated that week. It shows profile updates and discussion updates.

I think that this would help to get people involved more quickly in the site.

There is an opt-out if you don't want to receive the updates.

Maybe you could offer a weekly option, a every other week option and an opt-out.

Edited 12/04/08 10:05 PM
Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 10:09 PM - Response #9

We have a newsletter type of feature on the Task List slated for '09. Basicallyit will email a summary of the stuff happenign on the web site. The Admin will also be able to add an optional message to each newsletter before it goes out to Clasmates.

Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 12:56 PM - Response #10

Kendall Wheeler wrote:

A step in the right direction but most classmates are pretty lazy and if they have to go through another step to get notifications, they probably won't use it.

Like I said, I think it would be nice to have an option for each classmates just to get notified when ANY classmate joins the site, then they can decide at that point whether they care or not to go see it.

Brad, I like the new Profile Subscriptions feature but did you ever get a chance to add to each person's profile, "Notify me when a new classmate joins the site?"

Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 3:33 PM - Response #11

Still upcoming on Task List. But also, if anyone subscribes to a non member's Profile using the new Profile Subscriptions feature, they'll also receive the New Classmate Notification email as well as any future Profile Update emails.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 2:35 PM - Response #12

Was the newsletter on the task list ever done?

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM - Response #13

The newsletter would be a feature of the Notify Me system, which is a complete overhaul of user email notification management. That work is high on our priority list, but because of the extent of it, and the other changes on which it depends, it has been waiting to become the focus of attention until the foundational pieces are in place. Unfortunately, we cannot make an estimate of when it will be completed.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.