New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Formatting all off???

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/23/08 05:27 PM Views: 1242 Replies: 1
Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 5:27 PM

My formatting is all off for my Remembering 1978-1979?? Please help or advise

Glenn

Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 10:52 PM - Response #1

I'll explain how to fix your formatting in a moment, but first, I had to deactivate this page from your web site. You cannot "borrow" content word for word like that form the thepeoplehistory.com. The guy who runs that site spent years researching all of this information and diligently monitors the web to ensure others are not lifting his work. Almost never will we alter anybody's work on their class web site, but the one thing we cannot allow is the hosting of copyrighted content on our webservers. Thus I had no choice but to deactivate this page.

Note, we are actually in partnership with the peoplehistory.com to shortly allow the use of this same information. You'll be able to simply click it "on." It will look pretty much just like this page:

http://www.marshalltownhighschool58.com/class_custom3.cfm

Note the link at the bottom of the page recognizing the People History site with the credit they deserve.

Ok -- how to fix your page: I already fixed it for you if you want to look in your editor, but you can't hold down the spacebar and put in a ton of hard spaces in a row. It's similar to holding down the aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa key or any other key a bunch of times. It gives the system nowhere to rap thus it forces out your page. Rule of thumb, never try to format your page with the space bar. Use centering and the other icons on your toolbar to format your content.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.