ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Statistics Question

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/25/09 08:11 AM Views: 1450 Replies: 6
Friday, September 25, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Where the chart is shown displaying Classmates accessing the site within the past 30 day, is it possible to have an option to download the actual data behind this? I maintain spreadsheets of my own for trending purposes (in addition to Google Analytics) and I could use these details.

While I'm asking Wink could we also have an opton to check specific members and see their login dates? Again - for trending...the downloaded file only shows last login date. I love data....Laughing

Friday, September 25, 2009 at 8:39 AM - Response #1

Hi Barbara,

I am not an expert in what is being stored in the database, but maybe ONLY THE NUMBER, not the names behind the numbers are stored for each date in the chart.

Also, sorry to disappoint you, but I think that ONLY THE LAST LOGIN DATE is stored for each user, not EVERY login date. That would be too much data (some people login many times a day - especially the ADMINS)

I'll let Brad correct me if I am wrong.

Kyle

Edited 09/25/09 8:39 AM
Friday, September 25, 2009 at 8:46 AM - Response #2

Thanks. Sad Even if only the number is stored - is it possible to get a download of that data by date?

Friday, September 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM - Response #3

I'm going to turn this one over to the Powers That Be. In this case, Rick Root. Maybe he can explain what's possible.

Sunday, September 27, 2009 at 2:43 PM - Response #4

We do not store a complete access history for users, it is simply not possible. We store login dates (ie, when they actually enter their username and password), but that's not valid for showing member activity because many members do not "log in" because they click the "Remember me" checkbox when they log in. So we also track the last time their session accessed a page, and that's where that comes from. Each night, we store the count of members who've accessed a page in your site in the previous 24 hours.

So at this moment, I can't even accurately tell you who logged into your site yesterday =)

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 1:42 PM - Response #5

How can we use Google Analytics on our reunion site?

Thanks.
Ken

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 1:43 PM - Response #6

When you sign up for Google Analytics they will give you a chunk of code to embed on your site. Once you have it, simply copy and paste it into the Analytics box on your Preferences page. It's as simple as that.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.