ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Responsive Layout/HTML5

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/22/15 10:00 PM Views: 1101 Replies: 4
Friday, May 22, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Hello,

Is there any plan to be able to support Responsive Layouts which are better suited for viewing on a mobile site? I have been exploring the way that the content management system works but have little control on the layouts other than the TopNav and the Left and Right Nav if it is customized. Also, are there any plans to be able to support HTML5 or greater standards for site creation/customization? Getting appropriate ranking in the Google search engine is going to require sites that are capable of rendering on mobile devices.

Thank you,

Tony

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 10:45 PM - Response #1

Yes. Currently under construction is something we are calling the "Super Template" internally. It's something so customizable it can virtually become anything. And no matter how you customize it, it's fully responsive down to all mobile device sizes. Should be through design in the next couple of weeks, and then goes over to Programming. With all that's going on right now I'll say Fall for the release, but I'm hoping we can get this out a bit before that. It's a really nice new system that I think people will enjoy very much.

One thing to note: As the design is responsive, and clearly you're aware of what that means, gone are the fixed pixel numbers that everyone here is used to. Thus anyone switching over to this new system is going to have some learning to do. It's not overly complex, but the new system can only scale down to mobile sizes if the content people put inside the template can also scale. Text, photos, and videos we can add some things to handle, but above and beyond that if people start adding non responsive elements (say a third party plugin for example) the design will no longer behave properly on mobile.

We'll need to cut a couple training videos about this at the time of release. I think most Admins here won't have many issues learning this but there's definitely a few things to understand.

Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 4:46 AM - Response #2

Very interesting. Will we still need to take two fingers and press them to the screens of mobile devices to adjust the size of the screen by moving the fingers toward or away from each other or is this new design concept going to eliminate the need to use this method of adjusting mobile device screen size?

Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 9:00 AM - Response #3

As Brad said, it depends upon what the admins put on their home page.

Friday, July 10, 2015 at 3:28 AM - Response #4

Ok thanks. Thought other factors would be involved.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.