ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

photo slide shows

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/27/10 11:44 PM Views: 1789 Replies: 9
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Can anyone post simple directions for creating a slide show of our reunion photos? Are most slide shows posted on the home page or under a gallery?

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 11:47 PM - Response #1

Gallery Creator is a complex feature and we're going to create several Help Videos for it. For now my best recommendation is you click your Gallery Creator link and follow the directions on screen. For the most part it's intuitive but if you have any questions along the way just let us know here and we'll assist you.

You can leave your galleries inside the Gallery feature if you want to but after you've created a gallery you'll see there's also an "Embed" icon you can press. Pressing this icon will allow you to copy a short snippet of code to any page of your web site (including your home page) to embed your gallery directly on the page.

Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 9:16 PM - Response #2

Thanks.... I have done several photo galleries using gallery creator....and I do understand how to make them.....when people were talking about "slide shows" I thought they were talking about something other than the photo galleries.......( a different kind of display.... Smile

Friday, October 29, 2010 at 7:19 AM - Response #3

Hey Brad. I just clicked on the Embed code on one of my photo albums...hoping to place it on the Home page. I quickly realized I need more instruction. i.e, once in the 'edit' mode on my Home Page - I clicked on the Source tab - and was going to 'paste' the code.........but when I click, existing code pops up and I'm clueless what to do

Friday, October 29, 2010 at 10:26 AM - Response #4

Irma - you will need to locate the part of the page (code) where you would like to place the slide show. The easiest thing would be to key in on a block of text close to where you would like to place your code. For example, if you want the slide show to show up Just before your Welcome To The EFHS message you would look for this code:

&nb sp;

WELCOME TO THE EFHS '73 CLASS WEBSITE.....

and place your embed code after the end paragraph tag on the line before your H3 tag.

Friday, October 29, 2010 at 11:30 AM - Response #5

Scott - I'm not sure I understand just yet. When I click the Source tab -- so much code appears - that I'm afraid to do anything that might cause unexpected changes.

From the PHoto Gallery - I know to click on "Embed" - do I also have to 'copy the code" before going to the Source button.

Is there a good time to call you that you could walk me thru the process if your reply to this winds up with my still not able to display the slide show?
Thanks as always
Irma

Friday, October 29, 2010 at 11:54 AM - Response #6

Do exactly this:

1) Click Gallery Creator
2) Click the Embed button next to the desired gallery
3) Click anywhere on the embed code. All code will auto preselect for you
4) Press Control-C to copy this code to your computer's Clip Board

Now you've got the code, so the next step is to embed it on your page.

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Clicked the Edit button next to the desired page
3) Click directly on the part of the page you want the slideshow.
4) Type in all capital letters "MY SLIDESHOW GOES RIGHT HERE"
5) Now click the Source button and scroll through the code until you see "MY SLIDESHOW GOES RIGHT HERE"
6) Backspace out the MY SLIDESHOW GOES RIGHT HERE text and then press Control-V to page your code
7) Save your page and preview it live

Your slideshow is now running on your page in the exact location you wanted it.

Edited 10/29/10 12:35 PM
Friday, October 29, 2010 at 12:12 PM - Response #7

Successs!! Can you see me doing the happy dance!
Thanks mucho

Friday, October 29, 2010 at 12:42 PM - Response #8

Thanks Brad - that was a clearer explaination.

Saturday, October 30, 2010 at 1:10 PM - Response #9

Another bit of info I would be looking for soon.

Can't express how great this forum is, I can't.

Gwen Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.