ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Unexexpected width

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/23/08 02:34 PM Views: 1104 Replies: 3
Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 2:34 PM

I titled a custom page ( In Memoriam ) where I inserted names of deceased classmates in the middle of a poem. As I typed in the names the width expanded beyond the normal visual page length so now, no one can read the poem in its entirety without moving the arrows. I clicked the full page sign ( in between the minimize and X ) but it didn't do much to restore to its original size.I hope there's a simple one stop solution to this. Will this occur each time I add a name? I'm weighing my options before I decide to just put this in the memory book. Thanks!

Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 5:18 PM - Response #1

Brad, check out my 78-79 Page, I cant resize it either and its giving me fits!! Can you help please

Glenn

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 9:50 AM - Response #2

Both of you actually have the same issue. You can't format your page by holding down your space bar. Go into your page and click on the source button. You'll see tons fo these in a row:

& n b s p ;

What this stands for is non breaking space. It's similar to holding down 1 key on your keyboard, such as aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa without a single space. It gives the system nowhere to wrap. So it just forces out your page to the right. You should always format your page using items you havea available on your toolbar, such as left align, center, or right align. You can also put in tables without borders to hold content where you want it if necessary.

The one thing you can't do is hold down your space bar as a means of page formatting. Trust me it will never work. You should click on your Source button and go in and remove all the non breaking spaces. That will return your page to normal. And then format accordingly using the tools availalbe on your editor toolbar.

Edited 08/24/08 9:52 AM
Monday, August 25, 2008 at 1:29 AM - Response #3

Thanks Brad ! It was the l-o-n-g-e-s-t rework ever...but it took care of my problem.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.