ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate trouble loggin in...

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/29/09 12:27 AM Views: 1532 Replies: 10
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Hey there,
Apparently I've received 2 requests for help today, to get these classmates back into their profiles:

1."Although I updated my profile I am unable to get into my account. Did I neglect to put in my E-mail account? Who knows what I did wrong? Please give me directions on how to get back in to the profiles. Thanks."

2." For some reason I am no longer able to log in and my email address is not found. Thanks for your help."

so, apparently they both have email issues...any ideas?
thanks a bunch!
Cindi

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 12:41 AM - Response #1

I would verify with each Classmate, letter for letter, the email address they are typing in vs. the address you see in the system. Once you're sure both email addresses are correct reset both Classmates' passwords to "temp" (or whatever else you want) and then have them log in and change their password to what they want it to be permanently.

Edited 04/29/09 12:52 AM
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 12:44 AM - Response #2

well, the address I see in the system is mine! what does that mean?

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 12:47 AM - Response #3

Most likely what it means is you have auto fill turned on in your browser. Most likely your browser is Firefox. You probably edited these Profiles yourself for some reason, your auto fill put in your own email address in the primary email address field, then you saved the Profile. Which would explain why your Classmates can no longer log in. I'd definitely turn off auto fill in Firefox. Either that or manage your class web site with a different browser.

Note: Autofill is also often an issue with the new Internet Explorer 8.0.

Edited 04/29/09 12:53 AM
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 12:49 AM - Response #4

At this site there's directions for turning off autofill in Firefox: http://antivirus.about.com/od/securitytips/ht/ac_firefox.htm

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 12:57 AM - Response #5

you are right..I'm on Firefox.

How do I go about changing their email? Just remove mine, leave it blank and tell them to start over? or do they give me their address for me to fill in for them? Is my password also being 'autofilled' as well?

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 12:58 AM - Response #6

one last note...I use Firefox to 'Edit Pages' because it shows my original type and wording - not the coded stuff.

But I forgot that I have Autofill on in it, too.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 1:13 AM - Response #7

No the password field shouldn't be being filled in automatically. Yes, if you don't know the correct email addresses that got replaced by autofill, you would need to contact the Classmate and get and enter the correct address yourself so they can log in again.

Edited 04/29/09 12:36 PM
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 1:18 AM - Response #8

muchos gracias! Smile

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 1:40 AM - Response #9

I had the same going on the 28th also!

It was the same guy and I reset it once for him and got the response back the next day.

I told him if it happened again to as per instructions what we get as administrators and the I modified the instructions and pasted them to the letter and told him how to contact ClassCreator.

I haven't heard if he has it settled or not.

Norma

Friday, May 1, 2009 at 6:22 PM - Response #10

Norma Baron wrote:

I had the same going on the 28th also!

It was the same guy and I reset it once for him and got the response back the next day.

I told him if it happened again to as per instructions what we get as administrators and the I modified the instructions and pasted them to the letter and told him how to contact ClassCreator.

I haven't heard if he has it settled or not.

Norma

I finally called the guy. He had written me again saying he was still having problems. This was the 3rd time for it to happen. Class Creator had told me over the phone to double check the his email and make sure he put that in correctly.

He had. So I called him and walked him through the process. Everything was ok. He was amazed! He is a novice at emailing and even what was "simple" to most folks ... he had trouble with. He was told by his wife that he needed to learn how to email before she and the kids left for Japan and know how to email them in Japan. LOL!

She was not ready to help him because she wants him to learn for himself. Since he has teenagers, he's having to learn how to text message as well! LOL!

I can't help him there! I haven't gotten into that myself! LOL! Embarassed

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.