Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Lurking block?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/09/18 09:42 AM Views: 934 Replies: 17
Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 9:42 AM

Can anyone help my classmate? Here is her message to me:

--------------------------
Yesterday I was able to access our class website. I received new message today, Friday morning 11am and when I went to sign on, I received this message:

“blockUI requires jQuery v1.2.3 or later! You are using v1.12.4”

I also clicked the website at the bottom of your email and got the same message.

Has something updated or have I been blocked from “lurking”? Any idea what this is and how it can be fixed? Today was the first time I have ever seen this.

-----------------------

I know of one other classmate to which this happened but two days ago on Thursday.

Has this happened to any of you? Thanks for any kind of thoughts or suggestions.

Jon

Edited 06/15/18 9:55 PM
Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 10:07 AM - Response #1

This has happened to me all week, including today. A kind administrator suggested to clear cache & start a new browser session.
I did both but am still receiving the same message.

Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 11:45 AM - Response #2

Thank you for your comment, Elena.

Now here is an update for all of you which I just received from the same classmate on her status on Day #2:

Here’s a new twist today. I tried logging on, got the message and pressed “closed”. It took me to the logon screen. I put in logon data and pressed “log in” and it took me to the home site. So, I can logon now but just have to do a couple of extra “close” button pushes.

Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 12:32 PM - Response #3

Jon - I should have prefaced that in spite of the “error message”, like your classmate, I’m able to eventually access our website.
Other than clearing cache & browser, can anyone comment on how to rid receiving the error message code? Thank you

Edited 06/09/18 12:34 PM
Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 3:24 PM - Response #4

Try reloading the page when you see the message. Press CTRL-F5 when you see the message.

Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 3:41 PM - Response #5

Hi Kyle,

You have always come through for me in the past, and I see good potential here in your solution, just following through it in my mind. Nice and easy too!

I just forwarded your response to my classmate. Let's see what happens. Will let you and everyone know.

Thanks again, Kyle.

Jon

Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 4:57 PM - Response #6

Thank you, Kyle

Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 5:52 PM - Response #7

Reply back if it works for you.

Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 10:37 PM - Response #8

Kyle - your suggestion seems to be working well - thanks a bunch

Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 2:16 AM - Response #9

Kyle,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that Kathy is using an ipad without "F" keys that an actual computer would have. Classmate Kathy reminded me of that point after I forwarded your solution. She added that she can get on by closing the message after each action. Any ideas on what to do on an ipad?

Jon

Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 4:04 AM - Response #10

Same thing was happening to me all day. Not now though.

Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 6:42 AM - Response #11

This happened to me Friday and Saturday but today it is gone.

Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 9:16 AM - Response #12

Happening to me also.

Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 10:45 AM - Response #13

Kyle,
Wasn’t there an ussue with Apache Saturday that could have caused this?
I had classmates email me that they were having the same issues as stated in number one above.
I told him to wait about an hour, and all but one reply did everything went back to normal, and they did not have to do anything special such is clearing cache, Ctl-F5, etc.

Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 11:45 AM - Response #14

Apparently error in programming. See below. Clean out your browser cache memory. Google your browser on how to do this. I requested help from administrator technical assistance and this was their reply:

Scott Mastenbrook
06/07/18 11:28 AM

We apologize for the issue and it has already been resolved. Overnight, the programmers implemented some code to be compliant with new PCI scans that resulted in this popup alert. We have already updated the code to address this issue and now consider this to be resolved. If you are still seeing the alert, please clear your cache and history and begin a new browser session. Thank you.

Thanks,

Scott Mastenbrook
Class Creator

hope this helps,

people using smart phones only, are still having problems, as of yesterday. Might be fixed.

glon turner

Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 2:31 PM - Response #15

I have been receiving this error warning all weak. I played detective earlier in the week and found a different forum that suggested clearing the cache. I cleared mine completely, then closed everything down, and restarted the ClassCreator site. When I logged in this morning, I still received the same error warning. (I completely log off and login every time.)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 2:48 PM - Response #16

No longer am I receiving error message, using smart phone or iPad. For me, this problem was resolved yesterday.

Monday, June 11, 2018 at 11:00 AM - Response #17

Meg - Be sure to clear the cache and history in your web browser(s). If you are still seeing that alert, then your browser is still using old code that has since been updated.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.