ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

End-to-end ticket handling

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/10/18 01:50 PM Views: 907 Replies: 6
Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 1:50 PM

Maybe I am dreaming, but shouldn't CC have an integrated solution for handling event tickets? This would include:

- Online advance sales and collections
- Advance sale attendee prints own ticket with entry bar code
- Advance badge printing
- Admission bar code scanning with real-time update to the database
- Walk-in ticket sales with credit card reader
- Onsite badge printing for walk-ins

At present, I don't see any way to do all of this here. I am looking at using a service like Eventbrite and possibly Square to handle onsite payments. But I am loathe to consider the hassle of integrating (or at least interfacing) these solutions with CC. What can we do now, and what can we expect in place by our next event in the summer of 2019?

Help us, Obiwan Kenobi (Brad). You're our only hope.

Bob Gold
Evanston Township High School (Illinois) Class of 1974 Reunion Association

Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 3:31 PM - Response #1

You are looking for the Admin Function called Event Planner. This feature handles your registration / "activity ticket" sales... although there is not an actual physical ticket that is produced. A nametag generator is integrated into the Event Planner that automatically compiles your namtags based upon registrations. You certainly can have a laptop at the door to process walkup registrations for those who don't register in advance. As for the others, admins typically print out a copy of the reports that list who has registered for the event and then use that to check off those that have arrived when they come to the event.

Friday, May 11, 2018 at 12:51 AM - Response #2

I luv every bit of those suggestions.Idea What a cool thing to have, where the alumni print their ticket and own name tag.
Would be nice...but don't hold your breathe! I really don't like the new Event Planner....it's quirky...and doesn't do what we really want. It works great for free events tho.Rolling EyesWink

Friday, May 11, 2018 at 9:56 AM - Response #3

The problem with printing your own name tag, as I see it, is the attendee would have to have the right name tags "label" as it were. Is it stick on, is the size appropriate for the design you picked, etc.? There are too many variables. Except for the easy processing and integration at the event of walk-ins, I agree with Brad's suggestion. Although at our last event we specifically noted walking were not allowed and didn't have any push back.

Friday, May 11, 2018 at 11:59 AM - Response #4

If walking isn't allowed, how do they get around?

(Sorry, couldn't resist - typos are fun Very Happy )

Friday, May 11, 2018 at 11:01 PM - Response #5

After rethinking the printing of your own name tag...it wouldn't really work.
But luv all the other ideas.
We usually don't use the name tage feature anyways. We have an alumni who has a printing biz and does all the printing and making of the name tags. They are credit card size and made from plastic, really nice keepsakes along with the lanyards.
The only time I use the name tag feature on CC is for are informal Meet N Greets at a local sports bar.

Edited 05/11/18 11:01 PM
Friday, May 11, 2018 at 11:32 PM - Response #6

Damn auto correct! LOL I found your comment insightful and refreshing.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.