Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Can't upload new member yearbook photo

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/20/14 04:23 PM Views: 834 Replies: 12
Monday, January 20, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Hi,
Actually, I have two problems.
First, a missing classmate joined and his data replaced the data for another classmate. I received an email that listed all the changes from the original to new values. That other classmate's data is now gone from the database. Now, the formerly missing classmate had two entries. I deleted the duplicate entry that had no data that existed before he joined.

I added back in the classmate who disappeared as a result of the above, but now I can't add back two both classmates uploads of their graduation photos. Nothing happens when I select upload photo after clicking on the empty yearbook placeholder.
Please help.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 5:37 PM - Response #1

For the missing classmate that joined under the wrong account, there is not much that can be done on that one except for you to add that other name back to the Classmate Profiles manually. As for the images in the profiles ... At present, we know that there is an issue with uploading images when using Internet Explorer 9 or less. The only "solution" at the moment, is to recommend that you either upgrade your browser to a newer version, or try an alternate browser such as Firefox. The issue has been reported to the programmers and we have yet to determine if we will be able to provide a permanent solution for the older browsers.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 11:18 PM - Response #2

I'm using IE 11 and am unable to load any photos. Is it an IE problem with Class Creator. I haven't tried using Chrome or Firefox yet but will soon. It appears I can load a video but no photos. Other classmates have had the same problem. Thanks for your help.

Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 4:28 PM - Response #3

I am unable to replicate the issue in IE11. Everything is working as expected. Sue, when you hover over the yearbook photo, and you "select Photo" and then you click the blue "Upload Photo" button, nothing is happening at all? No error, no nothing? You're just clicking that blue button and getting no feedback from the system whatsoever, is that correct?

Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 5:02 PM - Response #4

I'm also having the same problem with uploading a yearbook photo. I'm able to choose the file, then on the profile page it says 'Loading' but nothing ever happens. It just continually says 'Loading'. Using a iMac and have tried both Firefox v26, and Safari both having the same results. I've tried several times over the past 3 days with the same results every time. Currently its been trying for the past 15min and it was tried by opening in a new tab.
Thanks....

Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 8:38 PM - Response #5

When I hover over the yearbook photo my options are edit, select photo, adjust thumbnail and remove. There is no upload button. I've clicked on the first three and nothing happens. I thought maybe it was a pop up issue so checked my blocker and it's not activated so pop ups should display. I did use Chrome and was able to upload a Now photo. One class mate was moving from a PC to Mac computer and it worked on the Mac.

Monday, January 27, 2014 at 2:02 AM - Response #6

Was unable to upload a yearbook photo for a new guest, Norma Stern Hoff. Went through all the steps and looked like there would be no problem but when it said "Done" nothing was there.

Using W8.1 and IE11.

Monday, January 27, 2014 at 2:16 PM - Response #7

If you click on Edit/Select, does it still show the photo as a selection in the image strip that comes up?

Edited 01/27/14 2:16 PM
Monday, January 27, 2014 at 2:44 PM - Response #8

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

If you click on Edit/Select, does it still show the photo as a selection in the image strip that comes up?

Yes it does.

Ah, I see now. When I clicked on it the sizing selection appeared and the saving it put it in the yearbook slot. I had mistakenly assumed that by initially clicking on the yearbook slot to upload the photo that this would have taken care of its placement.

But while the resizing seemed to work on the profile once again I'm left with an incorrect display on the Classmates Profile page.

Edited 01/27/14 2:51 PM
Monday, January 27, 2014 at 2:57 PM - Response #9

I thought that might be the case. The way it's done leads one to believe that you ARE done by just uploading a new photo. Did the same thing myself.

This should be modified so that it behaves as you expect it to behave. Meaning it should behave as you "assumed" - that the image you just uploaded becomes the new image, unless you clicked on another one.

I have the same complaint about the right side "photos". It behaves differently from the left side. Why not have a hover graphic come up there too?

This is all about classmates running into the same sort of thing - not that it doesn't "work".

Trivia: "Remove" an image and see what happens in the preview "strip" if you look again.

F C Bock wrote:

I had mistakenly assumed that by initially clicking on the yearbook slot to upload the photo that this would have taken care of its placement.

Monday, January 27, 2014 at 4:30 PM - Response #10

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Trivia: "Remove" an image and see what happens in the preview "strip" if you look again.

Once more not what I expected. A red x usually signifies to me that it will be gone if I select that option. But I guess I can become accustomed to not using "Remove" and "Delete" synonymously.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 5:26 PM - Response #11

This appears to be working now.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 5:52 PM - Response #12

Tried it last night and it work just fine. Thanks for the fix...

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.