ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Add Reunion Attendee

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/17/09 01:07 PM Views: 1228 Replies: 1
Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Hi Brad,

When using this screen "Add Reunion Attendee" as an Admin, I was expecting a classmate drop-down box instead of having to type their names, etc. If I do use this screen, will it be tied to the classmate, so that when they go into the REUNION page, their REGISTRATION details will properly reflect what I filled in for them?

What I'm trying to do is this: I have several high-school sweetheart couples that married, so that instead of being a classmate/spouse, they're both classmates. I want them individually registered under their own Profiles - but one of them has registered both classmates under the man's profile. I want to fix this without asking them to do it.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 4:17 PM - Response #1

No, there is no direct connection between the manual Attendee add and the Class List. Many times an Admin is adding somebody that isn't on the Class List at all. For instance maybe a Principal is attending, or something like that. Plus some sites here have many thousands of Classmates (some upwards of 30,000) so a single dropdown list there would be pretty cumbersome. You're scenario is interesting though, and I don't recall ever hitting it before. The presumption is that if a Classmate is a member of the site, then a Classmate would simply register. Here the Classmate could do that, but you don't want to inconvenience them. I think your best bet here to is manually add the other Classmate, and then go into that Classmate's profile and turn on their Attending Reunion icon. The only thing you're not going to get by doing it this way, is that Classmate is not going to see their registration details if they click on your Reunion Link. But, I wouldn't think they'd be expecting to see that anyway, seeing as how they never registered.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.