ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Notice Board (What's New) comment for deceased Classmate

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 06/18/16 02:06 PM Views: 1767 Replies: 5
Saturday, June 18, 2016 at 2:06 PM

I've just taken an irate phone call from a Classmate who had spent 90 minutes composing a Notice Board response to something I had posted on a Classmate's In Memoriam entry which naturally also appears on the Notice Board.

As it wasn't actually an In Memoriam comment he was making but rather he was so moved by what I had posted that he wanted to say so and the best place to do so was on the Notice Board under what I had originally said.

What annoyed him was that after spending all that time to compose his comment when he went to post it he received the message -

'Sorry, Brian, yo cannot post comments on Anthony's Profile at this time'

and not only that, but what he had composed was wiped and therefore lost altogether!

Firstly, he was not actually posting a comment on Anthony's Profile, he was posting it on the Notice Board and secondly, as this was the most appropriate place for it why wasn't it allowed to be posted?

If the system has to work this way then something is needed that makes it obvious to would-be posters that they can't do what he was trying to do BEFORE they spend time doing it.

I can understand his annoyance.

Edited 09/15/16 5:18 PM
Friday, June 24, 2016 at 5:13 PM - Response #1

Thank you for the details. I agree that a change needs to be made. I am documenting the issue and making recommendations to the programmer.

Saturday, June 25, 2016 at 5:53 AM - Response #2

Thank you, Scott.

Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 4:57 PM - Response #3

Any advance on this one yet? It's still happening.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 12:37 PM - Response #4

This issue has been addressed by the programmer. By default now, if a classmate is moved to In Memory, the setting for Profile Comments is now ignored and is automatically treated as Commenting Not Allowed and therefore no ability to add a further comment is seen on the What's New page. Any comment would need to be added directly to the In Memory profile.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 1:53 PM - Response #5

Thanks, Scott. That's great news.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.