ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

warning of unsafe web site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/23/13 11:35 AM Views: 1231 Replies: 10
Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM

We have registered our web site thru the class creator function but when we log on we get a warning that the web site is unsafe and it is recommended that we not proceed. If you select the option to proceed anyway it takes you to the site and it works fine but how do we get rid of this warning? Thanks for help.

Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM - Response #1

It isn't happening to me. Is it happening to any of your other classmates? Maybe you have a virus or malware on our computer that is causing the problem. Do you have a different computer or different browser that you could try opening up the website to see if you get the same results?

Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 2:20 PM - Response #2

What anti-virus software are you using, and is it up to date?

Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM - Response #3

I get no warning either. Everything normal. By the way, nice job on the site design.

Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 4:01 PM - Response #4
JoplinScreenShot.png

Hi Charles,

I tried your site today using Safari on an iMac and had no problem navigating around. Just for kicks, I also tried it using Firefox and got what I suspect is the warning message you did (see attached screen shot).

I'm wondering if it has something to do with your URL being acquired elsewhere and subsequently linked to CC which, in turn, tells your browser it has been redirected. Since CC is a trusted source, you should be able to click "add exception" (or equivalent button like "continue"), and a resulting cookie on your machine would allow you to bypass this in future visits.

If that works, you might mention this in your next communication to the "class group" so they don't get alarmed.

Bob

Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM - Response #5

Hi Charles,

Maybe you have followed Bob's suggestion because I use Firefox and did not receive a warning at all. Hope you are not seeing it now.

Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 5:35 PM - Response #6

I agree with Bob. If his attached JPG is what you are seeing, you probably have your domain name set up wrong. Let us know how you have the domain name set up and we can help you if it is done wrong.

Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 9:08 PM - Response #7

Yes, it's happen to me several times.

Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 9:51 AM - Response #8

Hi - it happens every time we use our cell phones to access our site. I wonder if and how we can correct that? (This weekend both my boyfriend and I got the unsafe warning, as well as other problems I reported. He has an iPhone and I have an HTC Design (droid). I'll try calling my cell provider to see if I can find anything out (but you know how long call-waits can be!)

I was also wondering if there is a fix coming for iPads - I think I read something/or was notified that they are not able to play slide shows/Adobe documents? I know many people who are using their droids & iPads rather than desktops/laptops, so...just wondering.

Monday, March 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM - Response #9

Everything appears to be in order with the domain set up for the domains listed above so I'll have a programmer check into this further.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, March 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM - Response #10

When you access the website, are you using "http://" or do you have "https://" saved as your website URL prefix?

Have you tried to access it through the normal "http://"?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.