ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Email Class; strange email Showing Up

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/19/10 11:29 PM Views: 1338 Replies: 6
Monday, July 19, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I just sent a mass email to my class, and after sending I can of course see all the emails this was sent to (wish these showed BEFORE sending, so perhaps I will do this another way next time).

There was a strange email address that I cannot pin down to any specific classmate. In fact, this email address was listed 3 times sequentially. The email was "rollinginfo@yahoo.com".

Have I been hacked, or is this some kind of tracking link?

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 11:49 PM - Response #1

No you have not been hacked. Classmates have primary email addresses and up to 3 alternate email addresses. Classmate E. Riddle has a primary email address and then for some reason entered the alternate email address rollinginfo@yahoo.com 3 separate times. So in total he would have received 4 copies of your all class email. When I was investigating this I removed 2 of the 3 alternate email addresses for E. Riddle, I suspect he wonders why he's getting so many copies of your emails.

FYI when you go into the mass mail system you have the option of quickly mailing the entire class, or you have a different option where you can see email addresses and select and deselect from the list in advance.

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 11:55 PM - Response #2

Thanks Brad! You sure are quick. Now I can sleep better tonight....lol. Earl Riddle was on for a long time last night.

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 11:58 PM - Response #3

Derrell,

Something I've found about some of our age group who have computers is that they not only don't understand "blank lines" they also think they have to fill in each and every one of them with something. I've had several who enter their same street address on both address lines. I have to contact them in order to let them know to not fill in these extra lines.

I guess it's all those years of being told to never leave any line "blank" when filling out IRS forms.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 12:08 AM - Response #4

Boy do I know what you mean John. Wow, this has been quite an awakening. I almost think that I am the only one of our class of 88 people that got heavily into computers.

Actually, I spent 20 years in the Air Force, and didn't touch any computers (I thought that was the duty of the Lieutenants under me......LOL). After I retired, I started managing credit unions, and had to learn fast. I am probabaly one of the few that has read the DOS Manual in 1986 from front to back!!!

Look at me now. I am still employed providing computer software support for specialized Accounting Analysis for credit union systems.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 1:16 PM - Response #5

Darrell and John,

I used and learned alot about computers while I was working at the bank. Then when I retired, I really got into them..

I also was amazed how many of my classmates, first, don't have computers, second, if they do, knows nothing about them. I think they are afraid of them. I have to help them with the most elementary tasks. They think I'm a genius !!! Which is far from the truth..

One of the unexpected benefits of the class website, many of my 1960 classmates have learned how to use their computers more, loading pictures, filling out and editing their profiles, etc.. They are so surprised and pleased with themselves that they did it !!!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 2:37 PM - Response #6

Lynda,

If you can wait that long, in another 5 years or so, even the ones who still don't own a computer WILL. If they have grandchildren -- it is inevitable that they will want to communicate with them and those grandchildren have never been taught how to use pencil & paper or how to address an envelope.RazzRazz

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.