ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Icon for Attending Reunion

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/15/12 02:57 PM Views: 1511 Replies: 19
Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM

The icon for those planning to attend our reunion isn't showing up in the Profile list. We've had a profile question since we launched our website.

Today I turned on the Reunion Planner thinking that would make the icons appear.

The icon does appear in the key at the top of the page (that started today when I turned on the Reunion Planer.)

What do I need to do to make the icons appear next to those who have said "Yes"?

Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 3:09 PM - Response #1

Hi William,

That feature is still being worked on after some bugs cropped up in the Reunion Planner following the update to it. Please bear with us. Thanks!

Saturday, March 17, 2012 at 12:39 PM - Response #2

Hey Eric. I'm wanting to create a new reunion on 1 of my 4 sites, but not until all the problems are resolved from the Feb 26 weekend upgrades. Is there an ETA as to when things will be up and running?

Thanks
Irma Comer

Monday, March 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM - Response #3

Hi Irma,

We have some additional tweaks from feedback that we are working on this week. I'll update this post when those are complete. You might want to wait until then if you can.

Jessica

Monday, March 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM - Response #4

when i changed someone to "no", it still shows that she is attending. We are at a critical stage and this has gotten all messed up.

Monday, March 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM - Response #5

I understand that you're working on the reunion page, but now it is inaccessible altogether! When will it be back up?

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 1:18 AM - Response #6

Hi All,

Please check your attending reunion count. We just posted the update.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 3:39 PM - Response #7

FYI

The Classmate Profiles page shows 3 are attending.

When I download the profiles, it shows that 29 have answered the question "Yes". Crying or Very sad

I do see lots of changes on the Classmates Profiles page with new options. Very Happy

Edited 03/21/12 3:40 PM
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 6:28 PM - Response #8

I just downloaded your profiles. There is no question for attending the reunion. Maybe you have an old copy of the downloaded classmates spreadsheet.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 11:07 PM - Response #9

Question #12 in the Profile Generator - Active

http://screencast.com/t/jvghTxxu

Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 8:28 AM - Response #10

William,

You are looking at a custom question, not the default question. Since it is a custom question, it isn't tied to the actual reunion planner and Classmate Profiles question "Attending 50th Class Reunion (08/17/12)"

If you want the two to match, you need to print out your "Profile Exporter" report for your custom field, then add all of those classmates to the Reunion Planner, ATTENDEES page (there is a button at the bottom of the page to add classmates to the reunion event). Then the two numbers would match up.

We are also working on changes to the Classmate Profiles page. In the future, you will be able to create custom icons. One of the icons you could created is the answer to your custom profile question #12. Display one icon for "YES", one icon for "NO" and a different icon for "MAYBE".. However that is still in the future and hasn't been released yet.

Friday, March 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM - Response #11

Initially, we had a profile question asking if the classmate was attending reunion or not. The question still shows in the profile generator, and I can download (view) the profile question to find who has answered yes, but the question and answer aren't appearing on the Classmates' Profile pages. Why isn't the question and answer showing on each classmate's profile page? Is this something still being de-bugged?

Friday, March 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM - Response #12

Looks like it's been fixed.

Friday, March 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM - Response #13

So this now shows up on all the classmates' profile pages who initially (when they completed their profile a few months ago)checked the box "Attending Reunion," correct? This does not mean they've actually registered and paid for the reunion, correct?

Friday, March 30, 2012 at 5:10 PM - Response #14

Hi Rhonda,

That is correct - it is just an indicator that they plan to attend. If they do register and pay that icon will be added for them if they did not already select yes. Right now there are no registrations/payments listed under Attendees in Reunion Planner. You will receive emails when classmates register and/or pay.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM - Response #15

the attending reunion indicator has disappeared again, altho it is active on the profile generator.

How do I get it back>

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM - Response #16

The new Reunion Planner has MULTI-EVENT functionality. For every event, you can have an "ATTENDING XXXXXX Reunion", "ATTENDING YYYYY Reunion" on your Classmate Profiles page.

You don't have any events planned for your reunion. Each event can also have it's own tickets.
To add an event, please do the following:
Reunion Planner
EDIT
Scroll down
Click the ADD YOUR FIRST EVENT button
Follow the instructions
If you will have tickets, t-shirts, books, etc. for sale, click the
ADD PRODUCTS button
SAVE the changes

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 4:04 PM - Response #17

What I meant was that in the Profile page, it used to show the people who checked they were attending the reunion (even tho it didn't mean they were registered). Now that category doesn't show. We are not using the the reunion planner for registration, only a Word registration doc. I mucked around with it today, but deleted everything. I think that's when the "who's attending" list capability disappreared.

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM - Response #18

Ellen,

I already told you what you need to do to fix it. If you don't have any events for your reunion, you don't get the questions on the Classmate Profile page even though the question is active on the Profile Generator.

The Reunion Planner REGISTRATION or ORDERING needs to be in place so that the system can tell who is attending the events.

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 5:16 PM - Response #19

Yes, I figured that out after I sent the message. I deleted what I had done
before, so it messed everything up. Now the data that WAS in that field is
gone.

Thanks,
Ellen

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.