Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

WARNING! DO NOT RENEW YOUR DOMAIN

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/02/21 03:51 PM Views: 559 Replies: 19
Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 3:51 PM
20210202_192151000_iOS.png

A WARNING TO OTHER CLASS SITES!!!!!

DO NOT RENEW YOUR DOMAIN THROUGH CLASS CREATOR UNTIL WE GET ANSWERS AS TO WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH MASSIVE OVERCHARGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 7:04 PM - Response #1

Under Admin Functions, click on Subscription to see the current rates. I just did, and see that a one year Premium subscription is now $165.

I seem to remember it being much less. We have done our subscription in 10 year increments. The 10 year Premium subscription is now $825.

Edited 02/02/21 7:06 PM
Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 7:33 PM - Response #2
20210202_191752000_iOS.png

Thanks for replying but that's not the problem - although that does seem high. I went through their site to renew my domain name. It gave me the option to renew the domain name and to do ID protection with it. See attached photo.

Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 7:36 PM - Response #3
20210202_191758000_iOS.png

Here's the second page. It should have been a combined total of $241.55 for the 10 year renewal of the domain and the added ID protection.

Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 7:42 PM - Response #4
20210202_192151000_iOS.png

The domain name renewal worked sort of correctly. It did not have the 10 year option - the highest was 9 years (see my first photo) - so $17.95 * 9 years = $161.55. That transaction was correct. My first charge against my card was for exactly $161.55. The second transaction should have been for $8 * 10 = $80. I was charged for $800!!!!! and they will not respond to any of my attempts to contact them! My credit card company alerted me to the second charge - questioning if it really was for me. I have contacted my the credit card company and told them to put my card on hold. GREAT! THANKS GUYS!!!!!

Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 9:20 PM - Response #5

Sounds like someone inadvertently added an extra zero to your charge, bringing it from $80 to $800. Hopefully, it will get straightened out soon.

Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 11:30 PM - Response #6

Hi Susie,

I contacted the underlying registrar and verified the charge is for $80 for ID Protect. Your credit card may have pre-authorized a different amount showing as pending, however, I'm positive the amount is a total of $80 for that portion of the charge and that the total amount that will show when it settles (updates from pending to final).

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 9:45 AM - Response #7
enom CORRECTED charge.png

I am not disputing the $80 charge. I am disputing the $800 pending charge on my credit card. I suspect you all figured it out a short time ago as I received a new charge for $80 around 8AM this morning. Do you know what happened?

Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 10:32 AM - Response #8

There is only one $80 charge for ID protect. Nothing changed on the charge from the registrars end. They only charged $80 for ID protect for 10 years. What you saw was a temporary pending amount on your statement that was settled for the correct amount.

If you call your credit card they will confirm there was only one charge that moved from pending to settled and it settled for the amount that was sent $80. They will not have a second charge - just one charge that settled. When it settled there should no longer be a pending transaction listed.

Jessica

Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 10:34 AM - Response #9

Just spoke with my credit card company and the $800 charge was backed out at the same time the new $80 charge occurred this morning. I understand mistakes happen,
but I'm very concerned that I contacted you all through the:
Contact by email option,
Contact by phone with a message left,
Contact by reporting a bug through the forum and finally
Message sent through Facebook Messenger. I ended up having to put a hold on my card due to the non response. I finally received a message about you all being in class all day and all night. Was it a manually keyed mistake? a programming error (and btw there is only up to a 9 year option for the renewal on the page - not a 10 year as stated). I just want and deserve some answers.

Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 10:55 AM - Response #10

There was only one $80 from there end. There wasn't a correction or a mistake sent. They showed the entire transaction from what was sent to them by us, the receipt that was sent, the amount sent to their credit card processor and the response back from their processor. The amount was always $80. When the charge moved from pending to settled it must have automatically updated to the correct amount.

I apologize for the delay yesterday. We had a very long training session yesterday afternoon on updates we are launching on the system soon. It is rare to have us all tied up in one session like that and I apologize for the timing of it. I always check in after and found your messages.

Jessica

Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 11:06 AM - Response #11

Regarding the 10 year option. Domains can be registered for a total of 10 years which includes any partial years of domain time left on your domain. The renewal page will display the maximum number of years you can add at that time based on any time you have remaining.

Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 11:20 AM - Response #12

I apologize for the slow response. We were all in a training class that lasted until 10:30 at night. A large coffee and an hour return drive later, we arrived back at the office. Smile

Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 11:41 AM - Response #13
enom all.JPG

I'm still unclear as to which system sent the charges to my card? The top two transactions were this morning. The bottom two were from yesterday afternoon. When we use Class Creators interface to renew the domain - is Classcreator sending these charges to ENOM and ENOM is then routing them to my credit card for processing or is Class Creator sending the charges to my credit card on behalf of ENOM?

Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 11:49 AM - Response #14

Brad, I understand the timing was bad and the oversight was not intentional. I just want to know how this happened. As the charges happened almost immediately - I cannot imagine this was a fat finger issue. If there is something wrong in the code - we all need to know it and that this type of error is corrected. For me, this is a trust issue, in knowing that I can trust whomever with my card. As of right now, ENOM is pointing the finger back at Class Creator.

Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 11:54 AM - Response #15
enom 161.55.JPG

Charge number 1 from yesterday afternoon.

Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 11:55 AM - Response #16
enom 800.JPG

Charge #2 from yesterday afternoon.

Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 11:56 AM - Response #17
enom 80.JPG

Charge #3 from the morning.

Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 11:57 AM - Response #18
enom -800.JPG

Backed out charge for $800 this morning.

Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 4:24 PM - Response #19

Hi Susie,

I spoke with Enom again and they verified at no point during the process was the amount anything other than $80. They are only referring you back to us because the transaction originated in our system and therefore we handle all support for what they consider "our customers". They checked the request coming from our system which triggers the charge on their system to their credit card processor and their credit card processor sends results back to them and to us so we can generate the receipt. There was only ever one amount in that entire step by step process, which was the $80 for ID Protect (and $161.55 for the domain which appeared to show up as pending correctly from the beginning).

The charge wasn't a backed out charge - it was a pending amount settling to the final actual amount.

I completely understand your concern about the pending amount, however, when it settled it settled for the correct amount which is the only amount that was ever requested.
They defined it as a pre-authorization that settled to an actual authorization. Enom reached out to Visa and they confirmed it was a single transaction pre-authorizing and settling.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.