ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Sample Invitation to Class

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/05/09 07:10 PM Views: 1342 Replies: 5
Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Hi All! Does anyone still have saved their initial invitation to classmates to join their site? I created the site but have yet to get together a mass invitation for classmates to join. Just through 'word of mouth' we have 32 classmates who joined, but still have ~200 more out there. I hate starting with a blank page ~ can you provide me some inspiration to work with? Thanks!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 8:51 PM - Response #1

I utilized the missing classmates link here at CC. I can't remember if I changed the wording a little on the email, but just by typing their email address in the blank, it sends a nice invitation from the site.

For those on Facebook, I sent a mass email to our "group" and messaged others. I also have a video that I made with Picasa, and uploaded to YouTube. There is a version on my homepage, but the one linked on other sites ends with our website address. I also beg in my status frequently. I'm not proud!Cool

We have not started snail mailing yet, but we plan to send a simple postcard with similar wording to the email from the site. You can see the missing classmate wording in Preferences.

We also encourage all the classmates already on the site to invite, cajol, badger, and plead with any classmates they know how to reach. Peer pressure lives on!

Just through word of mouth, the missing classmates invites, and Facebook, we have reached 31% of our class. We have 101 classmates committed to attend, and have sold almost 50 tickets! My classmates think I'm a genius, and they don't even care that there is a wizard behind the curtain (Brad).

Julie

Edited 08/05/09 8:52 PM
Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 9:29 PM - Response #2

I made up a "Save the Date" postcard that I gave to people to hand out to others. Word of mouth is usually the best way. Those who live where our old high school is located, had a better chance of running into family members or "people who know people" and that's just been the best. I could send you a copy of my save the date card if you'd like so that you can use it to make your own. Just let me know Smile
Linda

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 9:51 PM - Response #3

I would love a copy of the Save the Date card, since we have not started our regular mailings yet. Thanks!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 10:32 PM - Response #4

Thanks Julie. I like the video - great idea. I'll have to remember that when we get around to planning our next reunion (2011). I actually sucked it up and drafted a mass email invitation I can send to all our classmates at once. This is definitely the simplest way to do it. I 'encourage' those classmates it reaches to reach out to others. Hoping to start that domino effect. In addition, I have no problem badgering and pestering....!!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 7:33 PM - Response #5

Julia I emailed you a copy, let me know if you did get it. Sorry so late, I haven't been here in a while Smile Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you.
Linda

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.