ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Computer Guru Versus Dummy

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/26/13 10:45 PM Views: 726 Replies: 5
Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I see where my topic was deleted questioning the guru's versus the dummies. No problem, just tell me what it is that has changed so dramatically that I now have to ask the "gurus of computers" what it is that the dummy doesn't know. With that said how can I just download a simple holiday greeting picture to my site? Thank you for your help!!!

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 2:54 AM - Response #1

Are you using IE?

Did you just upgrade to IE11 (or Windows 8 or 8.1) ?

The easiest fix is to use Firefox or Chrome. Other solutions depend on if you use IE10 or IE11. If IE10 set to compatibility using F12 (or Tools). If IE11, for right now switch browsers.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM - Response #2

Jack I have upgraded to IE 11 a couple of weeks ago. Does this mean I cannot do any of the original postings and such to the site? I wonder if Class Creator will have an upcoming fix? Meanwhile,I will try going to Firefox, thanks for taking time.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM - Response #3

Correct, IE11 does not work properly with CC. You can temporarily make it work, but it's such a pain, you won't like itEvil or Very Mad

Firefox or Chrome will work fine. Safari probably too, but that browser is really slow on my system anyway. Don't think it uses GPU features yet.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Jack. Johnnybil, I use Firefox and am able to do all editing on my sites. Hope you find it useful.

Friday, December 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM - Response #5

I know I'm late to the party when it comes to contributing to this conversation, so please forgive me. When it comes to editing pages on CC, Firefox seems to be the best and easiest browser to use, especially when uploading pictures. Chrome is good, but with Chrome, resizing pictures aren't as easy. With Firefox, just click on the picture and the sizing tools appear bordering the picture. Then you can drag from points to enlarge or make smaller or whatever. With Chrome, you must go to the fields and enter the number of pixels to use. Unless you have a pixel ruler, it's guesswork and more tedious.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.