ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

PayPal or Classcrreator?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/06/20 01:24 PM Views: 552 Replies: 4
Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 1:24 PM

I am curious, fellow administrators. In your opinion, what are the pros and cons of using PayPal vs. Class Creator for receiving payment for a reunion. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Edited 09/06/20 1:30 PM
Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 4:28 PM - Response #1

Paypal is less expensive.
Paypal is NOT integrated with CC. CC tried and failed. So you have to keep track of payments. IMO, not difficult. Much easier to do refunds. Paypay history is very easy to navigate.
Paypal you have to set it up yourself. CC doesn't support, no matter what it might still say Smile IOW, you need put in your own Paypal code/buttons. That's what I did Cool in the OLD system which actually was much easier to mess with. Accounting basics are not a strong suite for CC

CC is pretty expensive, but it's integrated with their reports. If you have a LOT of people might be worth the cost.

Has quirky stuff that happens on refunds. Payment control is not the best.

So mostly an issue of how much time you want to spend tracking registrations. We didn't have that many, 90 or so. Easy to do.

Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 6:02 PM - Response #2

Thanks for your input. I had some of the same thoughts. I have some time to decide.

Monday, September 7, 2020 at 2:02 AM - Response #3

Hi Cindy,

Ten years ago, I did use PayPal when we had a small site under MS Small Business. I moved our site here 2 months prior to our 40th reunion and was thrilled as I was using my personal (business) PayPal.

We've had three reunions and should be having our 50th and fourth since joining CC this month. We are set up to use CC again for June 2021.

I prefer CC for credit cards. We also accept checks by mail. After costing an event, we always round up to the nearest dollar and then add $3.00 as a credit card fee. Most of our members prefer it as it is quick.

A bit of info from my view. Happy Planning!

Monday, September 7, 2020 at 7:18 AM - Response #4

Thanks for your insight. I too used PayPal in the past but for this reunion I switched to CC. Sounds similar to your story! I am leaning towards CC but am concerned that so many people are now accustomed to PayPal they may want to use it so they do not have to enter their credit card. CC seems seamless though. And I wouldn't mind something nice and easy right now. Thanks again.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.