ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Verizon Volunteer Needed

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/18/11 05:20 PM Views: 1416 Replies: 10
Friday, March 18, 2011 at 5:20 PM

We are about to release a new Platinum level membership package that includes 5 times more disk storage space and the ability to send class emails from yourownemail@yourdomainname.com instead of our standard noreply@classcreator.net email address. This has numerous advantages that I'll cover when we launch in a few days but long story short, we had to set up an entirely new email system for this that literally sits on all brand new hardware dedicated to solely this purpose. It's Unix based and very different from the email server that handles the current emails and we've run into a specific problem with Verizon.net and our ability to email to them from our new Unix setup. I need a volunteer with a Verizon.net email address who we can try sending some emails to so we can ensure everything is working properly. What we need you to do is simply confirm receipt and most likely forward several emails back to us so we can examine the email header information. We won't need to go into your personal email box or anything like that, we just need to ensure the proper things are in place for peak deliverability at Verizon.net. The first person with a Verizon.net email address to respond below will be our guinea pig, and to whomever that person is, thank you in advance.

Edited 03/18/11 8:09 PM
Friday, March 18, 2011 at 5:27 PM - Response #1

I have a verizon email

Friday, March 18, 2011 at 5:27 PM - Response #2

i'll be your test

Friday, March 18, 2011 at 5:28 PM - Response #3

xxxxxxx@verizon.net

Edited 03/18/11 5:32 PM
Friday, March 18, 2011 at 5:32 PM - Response #4

Hi Jim,

I edited your post - we don't want to display your actual email address in a public forum Smile We have the information we need. Thanks!

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, March 18, 2011 at 5:56 PM - Response #5
e-mail address.doc

You are welcome to use my address.

Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 11:26 PM - Response #6

I am mostly curious, since I am already a 10 year paid Platinum....

How is this release coming along?

Friday, March 25, 2011 at 8:52 AM - Response #7

Coming fine. Adding a couple abilities i didn't initially slate. For instance it was determined that 1 email address @yourdomainname.com won't be enough as the sole send address, so we'er going to make Platinum include up to 10. That way each co-Administrator can also have their own sending address when using the Email The Class feature. All bounces will still bounce into the site itself so any Admin can handle any bounce issues.

Friday, March 25, 2011 at 11:52 PM - Response #8

You know that this is like waiting for Christmas morning, all the presents under the tree and you can't open them!

Thursday, May 5, 2011 at 11:27 AM - Response #9

Any minute now? Haven't heard much on this new yourownemail@yourdomainname.com feature lately. Wondering if I missed the announcement or you're just busy adding more amazing bells & whistles to it.

Thursday, May 5, 2011 at 12:10 PM - Response #10

Still testing, but getting closer. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.