ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcements Pushed to Bottom

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/19/14 03:56 PM Views: 957 Replies: 5
Friday, December 19, 2014 at 3:56 PM

I'm having a problem with my Announcements widget, which is at the top of the Content section of my main page. In some browsers (Firefox and Chrome) all announcements are pushed down below the last of the Right Modules. In other browsers, they are OK.

This seems like a width= problem. I don't see anywhere I have control of that. Please help.

Friday, December 19, 2014 at 5:24 PM - Response #1

I don't have time ATM to point to the exact issue, but the "Our Legacy" section has a width/formatting issue. IOW when I removed that section's html it all worked. (Hello Everyone is OK).

But I have to update something for a classmate, so can't isolate it precisely right now.

Edited 12/19/14 5:24 PM
Sunday, December 21, 2014 at 10:21 AM - Response #2

A good way to find these kinds of problems:

1) Click Post Announcement
2) Click the "Preview Only" button next to each announcement

You will find the one that is not working properly. I did this until I hit "Our Legacy". When I saw the announcement wasn't wrapping correctly I knew something strange must be in the code. There were a bunch of hard spaces near the bottom. Essentially this tells the browser to never wrap. Because the spaces stretched out past the right modules the browser has to move the entire content down below the modules (because it doesn't technically fit with all of the hard spaces).

I removed the hard spaces -- problem solved.

Monday, July 20, 2015 at 10:51 PM - Response #3

I'm having this problem again, with an updated announcement (50th Reunion Countdown) at the top of the list. I've scrubbed all the hard spaces out; there are no long URLs visible in text and no other funny stuff.

It's still pushed to bottom.

Please help.

Monday, July 20, 2015 at 11:15 PM - Response #4

Looks like you just found the problem - image needed a width. Very Happy

P.S. Width can be 430 in your style announcement.

Edited 07/20/15 11:18 PM
Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 8:45 AM - Response #5

I don't see the problem. Did you get it fixed?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.