ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Additional One-Time Email Recipient

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/04/13 03:05 PM Views: 965 Replies: 3
Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I would like to suggest there be a way to add a "write in" email address when sending an email to the class. I had a circumstance setup where I wanted to include the photographer that took our class pictures in on the email regarding such but I did not want to add them to our class website permanently. It would have been nice to just include them in on that one time email.

David

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 5:38 PM - Response #1

Actually, we are moving to a double opt-in system that would require members become verified and opt into receiving emails from the system before being able to receive such email from the ETC. This is to help protect our email reputation and help keep our mail out of recipient's spam boxes.

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 6:10 PM - Response #2

I'm a little lost here - what is the ETC acronym? What does this mean in terms of alumni enrolling on the website and we admins adding email addresses to alumni? Does this mean that those alumni for whom we have email addresses from various reunions will no longer receive any email if they don't enroll?

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 6:45 PM - Response #3

If I understand correctly, the opt-in email would be sent to all non-joined classmates having them click a link to opt-in to receiving e-mails from the system. If they don't click the link, the e-mail they just received asking to opt-in would be their last e-mail from the system. You could still e-mail them from your own personal email programs, though.

I don't know what ETC means concerning email.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.