ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Transferring an updatable page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/11/10 12:21 AM Views: 1170 Replies: 2
Sunday, April 11, 2010 at 12:21 AM
Paid Reservation List + Excel.xlsx

We need to have a page like the attached to show when a classmate sends in their reservation form and money for the reunion. We need to be able to add alphabetized names when they come in. Although we have been able to transfer this list to a web page, we are unable to update it. Any suggestions?
Colleen

Sunday, April 11, 2010 at 3:35 AM - Response #1

It's more custom than anything you can do in the system as a feature, but you could:

1) Paste in the whole table into one of your Customizable Pages and then update it as needed. You're not going to have any ability to quickly alphabetize it like you do in Excel, so you'd want to put new names in alphabetical order manually where they go.

2) You could upload the native file to your File Vault. This way more than 1 person could download the file, update it, and put it back in File Vault as necessary. A little clumsy but it would work.

Sunday, April 11, 2010 at 9:25 AM - Response #2

Colleen,

You could also do what I do when notifying Classmates of updates to site pages.

I created a Topic on the User Forums and put a table on there that I can edit and update. If you did that, then 'copy' and 'save' the changed table, then delete it, then 'Create New Topic' and 'paste'the revised table into it, you'd not only be updating your payment info but, by creating a new topic, you'd also be able to keep other Classmates up to date about who's actually attending by getting them to subscribe to User Forum posts.

I'm not sure if this is what you want but it's one possibility.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.