ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Is my site too busy?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/29/08 07:33 PM Views: 1288 Replies: 3
Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 7:33 PM

I just can't stop...I read everyone else's and borrow an idea here and there. What do you think? If you think it is too busy, I probably won't change anything. I am concerned about what I will do with my life once our reunion is over next year...Is there a support group?

Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 10:42 PM - Response #1

Perhaps the more important question is, what do your classmates think? We are fortunate here that we only need to appeal to a very specific age group, people with common origins to some extent (exception noted for multi-year sites). More recent graduating classes, or a big school/big city class, may differ in what they like. Chances are, if you like your class web site your classmates will love it.

As far as what to do now that you are hooked, I think a worthwhile goal is to keep classmates interested during the time until the next reunion. Regular site updates, news about class members, email newsletters, etc. If you can get classmates to keep their profiles updated, it will be so much less work for the next reunion.

Here's a thought: Volunteer to do a class web site for your spouse/family/friends, or do a family reunion website here.

Sunday, November 30, 2008 at 11:44 PM - Response #2

I like your site! I often wonder if my site is too busy too. But, you know what? My classmates love it!
I try to keep it updated with new tidbits, holiday stuff, etc. Feedback has been very positive. I've acted on constructive criticisms and incorporated ideas from other sites and my classmates. Do what works best for your class!
Have fun!
Kim

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 11:23 AM - Response #3

I just did our class website last week and I feel maybe I am over doing it as well. I do want to add the counter at the bottom of my homepage. How did you put that there?

Dawn

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.