ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Send "Contact Us" to other than Root Admin?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/17/17 05:46 PM Views: 777 Replies: 4
Monday, April 17, 2017 at 5:46 PM

Can it be set up so that the emails sent through "Contact Us" be sent to an email other than the root administrator's personal email?

Monday, April 17, 2017 at 6:05 PM - Response #1

Hi Jim,

Yes. You can add another administrator and under Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates > Choose the Details page for the individual you want to send notifications to and choose the Grant Admin Access check box. When you check the Grant Admin Access box it will display all admin rights options you have for assigning to the new administrator. You can assign rights to receive notifications and/or rights to assist with managing various areas of the site.

After you have assigned this to another admin if you no longer wish to receive the Contact forms you can turn this off under your own Details page under Admin Rights > Email Notifications > Send all Site Contact Form submissions - just uncheck the box and save and you will no longer receive the notifications.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, April 17, 2017 at 6:39 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Jessica. I didn't know I had that ability on my own detail page.

It doesn't look like there is a way to have it sent to somebody else and then copied to me?

If not, I could change my login email to something generic in gmail with a forwarding to my personal email? And still have it sent to the person who will actually answer it?

Monday, April 17, 2017 at 7:12 PM - Response #3

I think I am making too big an issue of this. Evidently when somebody responds to the Contact Us page they never see my name or email anyway, so it really doesn't make any difference. I will just add the other admin who will actually answer the question. Does all that sound right?

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 2:04 PM - Response #4

Correct. The only reason you are seeing those fields refilled is because you are logged in at the site. Your visitors will enter their Name and Email into those fields. The notification is sent to you or any other admin that you designate to receive the Contact Us Notifications.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.