ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Lost Text When I Deleted an Image Upload

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/16/09 02:21 PM Views: 1452 Replies: 9
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 2:21 PM

On my Update & News link I added an image to some previously entered text. A few days late I deleted the image and the 3 paragraphs of text disappeared also. Is it in that link somewhere where I can't find it or is it gone?

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 3:32 PM - Response #1

Hi Judith,

You should have Brad or Jessica check out your homepage - you have some major "blowout" issues in there and I see some problems around a picture you inserted as well.

Dawn

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 3:41 PM - Response #2

Dawn,
Can you be more specific about the problems you see?

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 3:48 PM - Response #3

Brad,
Help! I do all my editing in Mozilla. When Dawn alerted me to problems with my home page I didn't know what she was talking about since my page looked great with Mozilla. When I opened it in Explorer it was a mess. What's happening?

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 10:32 PM - Response #4

I first figured this was Microsoft Word code, which often causes problems like this. Looking at your code though, it doesn't appear to be Word itself, but some type of code you're copying and pasting in from Microsoft Office. I'm not sure which application exactly, I'm not familiar with any code quite like this. Since you don't have much content on the page here's your best bet:

1) Copy all content on the page (in your regular view, not in source view)
2) Paste it into Notepad
3) Reselect all content in Notepad
4) Paste it back into your web site
5) Format as you see fit

Be very careful with copying and pasting code from other applications. As you can see none of that code is compatible with the web. Even if you're not using Word to create your content, and are using some other office app, use the Paste From Word icon (one icon to the right of the regular paste icon) instead of the regular paste feature. This will usually strip out most of the offending code and these kinds of problems will be rare.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 7:14 AM - Response #5

Brad,
I did what you suggested and it's much, much better but my Home Page is still pushed out a little in IE. It's fine in Mozilla. How do I get my right margin fixed?

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 11:15 AM - Response #6

In this case the problem is your last Announcement, called Bulletin Board. You've got the same code problem there. Thus, fix that Announcement using the same procedure above. Once you do, your right border will return to normal.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 11:29 AM - Response #7

Right, but how do I copy the code to Notepad if I can't go in the Source box? There's no text other than the picture.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 11:35 AM - Response #8

There was about 30 lines or so of Office code (this time I think it may have been Word) under your image. I zapped the extraneous code, just leaving the image.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 11:40 AM - Response #9

Thanks again!!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.