ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcement Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/23/09 11:06 PM Views: 1176 Replies: 4
Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Hi everyone,
Wow, I'm chair for our final reunion of our High School slated to close next June after 58 years. I've researched so many of your individual sites, and I am so impressed with how many things you can do to make your site exciting, and I myself would want to come back and visit regularly. I decided to attempt this on my own. I've placed my announcement on the front page, but it is all off centre once I saved it. Reading through the help pages, I followed directions, and OMG up came the source codes. I have no idea what to delete, it's a mess. I printed out every page of this site so that I can refer back easily. Is there anyone who can guide me along to do this.
Thanks in advance,
Diane

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 11:24 PM - Response #1

Welcome Diane,

One of the first things I noticed was the use of Hard Spacing (using the space bar) to try and center the text. This is a bad thing because the text will never be really centered. Instead, select the text you want centered and press the CENTER TEXT icon (mouse over text says "Center Justify").

I assumed (maybe I was wrong) that you didn't want double-spaced (vertical) between each line. The hint for that is to use CTRL-ENTER instead of ENTER. This does a single vertical space between lines instead of a double space.

I cleaned up your announcement and gave it a name.

Edited 09/23/09 11:25 PM
Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 11:31 PM - Response #2

Diane,

The next thing you want to do is to add some classmates to each of the years of your multiple-year site. The classmates cannot join unless you first add their name (unless you are planning for each classmate to first contact you before you add them).

If you have any classmates with e-mail addresses that you know, I would add them first, in the proper year that they graduated. After some/all of them are entered, you could then do a EMAIL THE CLASS and invite them to the website.

Good luck,

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 11:38 PM - Response #3

My goodness, thank you very much Kyle. I would never have figured it out on my own. I work on the computer all day, but having an expert such as yourself resolve this for me in such a short time is very impressive. I have so many things I want to put on here. I downloaded the "time" for Norwich, but of course, I can't place it where I want it. Music would be awesome. I'll plug away at it, and expect me to come back and request your help if you would be so gracious.
I really want to impress my committee at our very important meeting next Thursday. The site has to be awesome for we are expecting anywhere between 600-800 alumni for our reunion.
Thank you again.... Diane

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 11:44 PM - Response #4

You're welcome

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.