ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Editing under Manage Classmates

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 06/16/09 12:32 PM Views: 1249 Replies: 3
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 12:32 PM

On our multi-year site, I wish the "Save" when editing classmate data would take you back to the previous screen with the filter set as it was, rather than all the way back to the full classmember list.

On the Manage Classmates, Edit page I scroll down to set the year to 1949, scroll down to pick the classmate's profile, click to show they're attending the reunion and scroll down to click "Save." Then I have to scroll down to pick 1949 again and scroll down the list to the next name from my source. I've got a hundred of these to do, each time having to reset the filter and get back to where I was in the list order.

I know--low priority, if at all, but would sure be nice for those of us with a lot of classes, each with a lot of names....

Thanks for everything you do give us!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 10:44 PM - Response #1

Can't you click the little arrow next to your back button (not your back button itself, but the little down arrow that drops down your page history) and jump back directly to the page you want to be on, rather than starting from scratch? If you do that it should only take a second or to to jump right back to that page. My only concern about changing the workflow itself is it will probably take about 2 seconds for somebody else to email and tell us that's not what they want it to do. Simply jumping right back to your page should be a viable solution.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 11:40 PM - Response #2

It's not especially logical but looks like that will work. What happens this way is I hit save on the individual, it kicks me back to unfiltered all years classmates, use back button to return to the individual I'm already done with, and then from there I can go to the top "Return to Class List" to be at the filtered set.

That's why I originally wanted two save buttons (remember that, back when?)--one that's just a save and stay where you are, and the other that's a save & exit.

But once more you've saved the day. You really do know what you're talking about!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 1:54 AM - Response #3

Well that's good news. Smile People want various features to work differently regularly of course. And there's obviously no way to please 100% of the people 100% of the time. Sometimes workarounds are the best solution without having to change the workflow for somebody else -- especially when people are used to how something works already. So in this case if that little trick meets the need good enough, great.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.