ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

new user help

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/27/09 06:36 PM Views: 1045 Replies: 4
Monday, April 27, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Two questions: 1. I recently received a meeting list, where attendees gave address and phone information that they did not include when they setup their profiles here. I'm certain they did not include their addresses on their profiles here for privacy on that particular item, but I want to have their addresses on record. How do I enter them, so that I can see the address, but classmates can't?

2. The above seems like a VERY basic question. I just can't seem to find my way around the search option to find an answer that was likely already given. I entered "address privacy" and got pages of hits. I don't have time to go through all that. There's got to be an easier way?

Monday, April 27, 2009 at 6:48 PM - Response #1

You can go into Manage Classmates under Administrator functions and put that info under notes which no one else can see. Or you can put it in under manage classmates in their details and check or uncheck the box (I forget which) that allows classmates to see their info. But then each particular classmate would be able to see that you added their address and perhaps not feel comfortable with that.

Ann

Monday, April 27, 2009 at 6:58 PM - Response #2

Address info is NEVER shown to anyone, not even Classmates, unless the Clasmate specifically authorizes it. But yes, if you put it directly in the address field the Classmates will see it and could be uncomfortable with this. Annmarie is dead on above -- that's why we created the Notes field that only Administrators can see. Here you can put any information you want about the Classmate, including address info, and the Classmate will never see anything you include. The Notes field is also exported when you do a Class List export to Excel.

Monday, April 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM - Response #3

Is there a way for me to KNOW if a classmate has set their profile to private?

Monday, April 27, 2009 at 8:50 PM - Response #4

Yes. Log out of your web site. Then go to your Classmate Profiles page. Every Classmate with a lock icon next to his or her name has restricted their Profile to only fellow Classmates.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.