ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Resize Announcement Box

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/08/22 09:55 AM Views: 3084 Replies: 2
Monday, August 8, 2022 at 9:55 AM

The announcement box on our home page is too wide for the screen, so the text runs off the page. How do I fix this?

Monday, August 8, 2022 at 11:41 AM - Response #1
Latest news 3.jpg

I think the problem is the long URL you have that begins, "http://amazon.com/Double-Knots." The site software automatically adjusts the width of the announcement page to equal the length of the URL.

The way to fix this is to replace the URL by creating a short link to it. Here's one way to create the link:

On the announcement page, click on the URL and keep that page open on which the URL appears.

Now, go to Edit Site Pages for the announcement, and delete the URL from the announcement page. Then, in the paragraph above the URL, highlight "find it here." Then, scroll up and click on the link icon, the third icon in from the right on the second row. Go to the page on which the URL appears, and highlight and copy the URL. Paste the URL into the link box, click OK, then click SAVE CHANGES.

Now, when someone clicks on "find it here" they will be taken to the Amazon page. Your announcement page will fit properly on the home page.

I've included an attachment from our site's Latest News page showing how the link works. In our case, we used "click here" as our phrase for the link.

Edited 08/08/22 11:57 AM
Monday, August 8, 2022 at 12:05 PM - Response #2

Thank you SO MUCH! I reworked everything that was too wide and replaced with a hyperlink and it fixed the problem. Appreciate the help.

Edited 08/08/22 12:06 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.