ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Tip on Administrator "Manage Classmates"

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/21/08 10:33 PM Views: 1349 Replies: 6
Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 10:33 PM

If you have a LOT of updates to make to your classmates details and / or profiles, here's a couple of little "tricks" I found today while editing some 250 or so (out of 340) details/profiles:
1 - It's not necessary to scroll down to click the "Save" button. Hitting the key will do the same thing. Thus with mouse near the number pad on the keyboard, thumb can reach over easily!
2 - After or "Save Changes", hitting the "Back" button (I have one on my mouse but the browser one will also work) twice will take you back to where you were on the Manage Classmates with the last update outlined in little dashes! Caution:Just don't hit "Back" before saving.

Yes, it was more clicks but they were easy clicks (and much easier than scrolling!) and it allowed me to, on the way back, verify my changes!

Just call me lazy!
Ruth

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 11:13 PM - Response #1

Thank you Ruth. Posted in our FAQ section under Maintaining and Promoting Your Site.

Friday, August 22, 2008 at 4:02 AM - Response #2

I had to manually enter nearly 400 Classmates and have no or little info about them (other than their names). Now that it is done, what is the best way (or only way?) to get them to join when they come to the site. Can ONLY those whose names that were entered (by me administrator) join??? What if they e mail me asking to join. Do I just add them and then tell them to "create a profile."

Friday, August 22, 2008 at 12:04 PM - Response #3

What you want to do now is "Email The Class" and tell anybody on your list with an email address that your site is now live. Those people will tell others. You'll see how quickly it can spread.

Yes, only those on your Class List can join. If you've omitted anybody they will contact you via the site contact form. You then add them as a Classmate, and then they join.

Friday, August 22, 2008 at 3:13 PM - Response #4

Thanks Brad. Problem with older classes (meaning 60s, 70s and early 80s is that many of the lists are NOT on any type of spreadsheet or computer program. All we had was a list of 400 people for the graduating class and it was a bear to enter them manually!! That being done with much chagrin, I am getting the "hits" you said I would despite no e- mails. I went to my schools website and they had some addresses, so for those of you without addresses, try the school first. I am also very surprised with how much info and photos Classmates WILL provide (thats a good thing)!!First day of site was yesterday and already had over 20 sign up. NOt a bad 'hit" rate for a 30th Reunion!! Thanks again.

Glenn

Friday, August 22, 2008 at 3:30 PM - Response #5

Terrific! Class Creator was made to be viral (spread by word of mouth). At every turn the system encourages Classmates to bring in other Classmates -- people are often surprised how quickly their sites grow after launch. It sounds like you're off to a great start.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 3:51 PM - Response #6

Hey Lazy, Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.