ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

PDF file on home page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/27/11 09:16 PM Views: 1394 Replies: 3
Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Can I edit the line on my home page, so that it just read Friends Letter and you can click on it and it goes to the PDF file letter, instead of all the other info listed?
Thanks for any help on this..

Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 10:47 PM - Response #1

You can do it, Gary!

1. Copy the link that currently appears by dragging from right to left
2. Right click on the highlighted text and choose "Cut"
3. Drag across the words "Click Here for Friends Letter"
4. Click on the link icon (globe/chain) and use the keyboard to CTRL-V to paste in that link you captured in steps 1-2
5. Click on Save

Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 11:30 PM - Response #2

John could you look at my home page and see the message that I get (IE cannot dispaly the webpgage).
Would it be easier to just copy the letter in Word and Past it on the home page?
John I hate to keep bothering you.

Friday, January 28, 2011 at 1:46 PM - Response #3

I am seeing your homepage just fine in IE and Firefox. You may being having a connection issue on your end.

As for MS Word - be very careful. If you ever copy anything from MS Word, you must use the Past From Word icon in the first row of buttons on the editor window. Looks like a clipboard with a W on it. This will open a new window where you can paste the content.

The first method is probably better.

Upload a non image document to the File Vault. (Your PDF)

To upload a non image documents to the File Vault, locate any page that has an Editor Window, such as by going to Edit Site Pages > Edit next to Homepage. On the Editor Window, look for the icon in the second row of buttons that is about 2/3 to the right that looks like a globe with a chain link, this is the Insert / Edit Link button. Click this button and a small window will appear. Click the File Vault button, which will open the File Vault window. Look for Browse at the bottom of the window and locate your file on your machine. Once selected, press the Open / Select button and then in the lower right portion of the File Vault window, press the Upload button. This will upload your file to the file vault from which you can link to for people to access the document.

If you click the uploaded document while in the file vault, you should see an Insert button that you can click to insert a link to the document. You can change the name of the link on the page to whatever you wish.

That should work for you.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.